PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you watch movies on HTC Touch

I'm looking to find or wondering if there is a tutorial on how to watch/put dvd's on memory card. I've tried using divx and dvd decrypter but can't figure out what to exactly do. If anyone wants to put a tutorial together I'm sure the community as well as myself will be very thankful.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: How do you watch movies on HTC Touch

Move to Touch/Vogue Forum for increased viewing pleasure.

late,
Coz
Old 10-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here is a tutorial for those too lazy to search.

1. Rip movie using any rip program (I use Fair Use)
2. Install TCPMP and/or Pocket Divx Player
3. Copy movies of any format, quality, size to you Storage Card.
4. Play movies.

The end. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Nagrom Nniuq; 10-25-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Talking Re: How do you watch movies on HTC Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post

4. Play movies.

this whole post is funny as heck. i needed that, thanx.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO
Threadstarter

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post

4. Play movies.

Whatever! I've searched, read, and tried various programs even the one you recommended but it states its not able to complete project. This isn't my first day here and I'm well aware of the search and read before posting tip but I wanted to thank you for being a smart ***!
Old 10-25-2008, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

I would like to know how to get the movies to play back smoothly. I convert the iso image (or files depending on how i rip) to wmv mpeg4 and can never get them to play smooth...
Old 10-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch

NoobFromTheEast is a n00b

Use the example for the Ipod from this link (http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/ipod-video.ars/5) and change the screen size to 240 X 320 (step eight).
For the file size, try around 350MB, make a couple of sample clips using different file size and see it on the phone. See which will give you a clear picture without too much pixelation.
Too high of file size will make the player un-stable when watching a movie. FYI.. if its a animation, use less (200 MB).

For removing encryption, I use AnyDVD from SlySoft http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html. Its not cheap but its always updated. Search for other de-cryption program.

For the Nero Recode, its part of Nero Ultra Suite 6,7,8, and the new 9. If you have it, great.
If not, buy OEM from E-bay or mom & pop computer store (Got Nero 7 for $12 from computer store).
B4 you buy, make sure it has Nero Recode!!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch

NoobFromTheEast is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn6264 View Post
I would like to know how to get the movies to play back smoothly. I convert the iso image (or files depending on how i rip) to wmv mpeg4 and can never get them to play smooth...
Try using a smaller file size. Too large of a file will make the player un-stable.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

here's my favorite FREE video converter...

http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...or_video_free/

I convert to AVI and watch on my touch using the FREE mobile divx player...

http://www.divx.com/mobile/
Old 10-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Whatever! I've searched, read, and tried various programs even the one you recommended but it states its not able to complete project. This isn't my first day here and I'm well aware of the search and read before posting tip but I wanted to thank you for being a smart ***!
Sounds like a personal problem... either that or I am imbued with success.

I searched google using the title of your thread and came up with a bunch of ways on the first page. I also changed the end from HTC Touch to Windows Mobile Phone (as maybe other people watch movies on WM devices other than the Touch) and came up with even more and better results.

Here is one very detailed one. #3 on the page FYI.

http://www.quicklybored.com/2008/08/...-mobile-phone/

Also, if you search these forums using the term "movies" you come up with 2 pages of good info on playing movies on your phone and how to do it.

I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I'm just sick of the most basic questions in the world being asked.

I gave you an exact tutorial on how to do exactly what you asked. Sorry you didn't like my preface to it.

Now, if you are having a problem with the program you are ripping the DVD with not working. You should have asked that, but you didn't ask anything remotely resembling that. You asked for a tutorial that is available all over.

Now, since it sounds like your real question is, "The program I'm using to rip a DVD to play on my phone states it is unable to complete the task when I run it. Please advise", I'll answer that.

If you are using Fair Use Wizard, you should just install the program, insert your DVD, start Fair Use Wizard, type in a name for your movie, and click next. Don't change anything. From there, follow my original tutorial.

You can also try using any number of other programs for ripping DVDs. (Which you can find by typing "free dvd ripping programs" into google)

If that doesn't work then I suggest reformatting your computer and trying again. If that doesn't work I don't know.

Last edited by Nagrom Nniuq; 10-25-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue