PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900 aka HTC Vogue aka HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mohebbo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Help w/ upgrading Vogue

Sorry all but I'm a little new. I've been reading throuh the stickies and doing a lot of searches all day long and can't seem to find any instructions or links to upgrade my vogue aka XV6900.

So far it seems like the steps are (please correct me if I'm wrong with any of the below"...

1.Unlock the phone (seems like the imthecokeman unlocker is the best)
2.Upgrade the radio (not sure what is the best on this one)
3.Find a Rom you would like to use (seems like everyone thinks the omj is the best for gps, evdo rev.a, stability, and other features)

My problem is I can't seem to find links to these items and when I do find some it seems like they are all from 1-2 years ago making me think they are out of date. Sorry to be a newbie but I just can't find it after searching for hours.

I need help with the following if anyone has the time...

1. What are the steps?
2. Can I get a link to the best unlocker and directions on how to install it?
EDIT: It looks like I've found Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) from imcokeman. If I plan on upgrading to a rom that I want to use gps on do i use 2.31; or is that for phones that already use gps?
3. Can I get a link to the best radio and directions on how to install it?
4. Can i get a link to the best rom and directions on how to install it?
5. Through my searches I've heard of imacokeman unlocker. Is this the best?
6. Through my searches I've heard of omj rom. Is this the best?

I do not mind donating at all to people that help me and the developers that made the programs.

Thank you in advance to all for taking the time to read and help.

Last edited by mohebbo; 10-12-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wink Re: Help w/ upgrading Vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohebbo View Post
Sorry all but I'm a little new. I've been reading throuh the stickies and doing a lot of searches all day long and can't seem to find any instructions or links to upgrade my vogue aka XV6900.

So far it seems like the steps are (please correct me if I'm wrong with any of the below"...

3.Find a Rom you would like to use (seems like everyone thinks the omj is the best for gps, evdo rev.a, stability, and other features)

My problem is I can't seem to find links to these items and when I do find some it seems like they are all from 1-2 years ago making me think they are out of date. Sorry to be a newbie but I just can't find it after searching for hours.

1. What are the steps?
EDIT: It looks like I've found Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) from imcokeman. If I plan on upgrading to a rom that I want to use gps on do i use 2.31; or is that for phones that already use gps?

I do not mind donating at all to people that help me and the developers that made the programs.

First of all, welcome and we all do this to our phones at our own risk.

1. The 2.31 unlocker is the only one you can use with a GPS radio.
2. While all the chefs here are really good at cooking roms most of the roms you see here were cooked in the ppckitchen. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37577
3. Follow the above link and you will find instructions on how to download it and cook your own roms. You can also choose any chefs rom you like just follow their instructions.
4. You have not told us what carrier you have but I believe it is Verizion. That can make a difference. Once you unlock your phone you can flash any carrier or custom rom.
5. Here is a link to HTC's site. http://www.htc.com/us/support.aspx (it appears they pulled the Verizion upgrade down) Click on your carrier and locate the newest rom and download it. Install the newest GPS rom (this will upgrade the radio also)and then unlock your phone. You only need to have your phone unlocked in order to flash custom roms. Be sure to let the customizations run through. AND MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT CARRIER.
6. You will need the newest ActiveSync for Windows XP or the WMDC for Windows VIsta in order to flash your phone.
7. Please feel free PM me if I can help any more.

EDIT: You will need to unlock your phone first. Once your phone is unlocked then you can flash the newest sprint rom or Alltell rom. Altell is the newest. DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN. That MEANS ONCE YOUR HAVE GONE THROUGH THE SET UP AND A MESSEGE APPEARS ON THE SCREEN THAT "CUSTOMIZATIONS WILL BEGIN IN 3 SECONDS" YOU NEED TO REST YOUR PHONE BEFORE THAT BEGINS. AS SOON AS YOU SEE THAT BOX POKE THE RESET BUTTON WITH THE STYLUS. Once you have completed reseting your phone it is now using the newest GPS radio. Choose a custom rom or build your onw using the PPCKitchen. If I left anything out, someone please correct me. Also correct me if I am wrong but I believe the verizion touch already has a GPS radio installed. I am with Sprint and I just installed the new altell radio and GPS works fine.

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 10-12-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850 Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bsepub is keeping up the good workbsepub is keeping up the good work
Re: Help w/ upgrading Vogue

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40137

Here is a good tutorial for the Verizon XV6900. There is also a tutorial over at PPCHaven.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mohebbo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsepub View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40137

Here is a good tutorial for the Verizon XV6900. There is also a tutorial over at PPCHaven.
I tried following the steps in the above link and I can't get it to work. Any help would be appeciated.

Below you will find the steps the link above tells me to take to unlock using imcokeman unlocker 2.31GPS.

Unlock with coke unlocker step:
1.While phone is on, put phone into bootloader mode by pressing all these buttons at same time: Camera +Power +Reset. P.S. Easiest way to do this is hold phone in left hand, thumb pressing power button, pointer pressing camera, and then while holding those right hand pressing 'soft reset' pinhole button with stylus(button on slightly right side on bottom/underside of the phone near the USB input). Hold all these, till a rainbow screen appears. if you have the default SPL of .36, means you havent done anything with phone probably yet and can continue. (BUT if you have Coke SPL 2.31 listed there (then you prob already unlocked phone before), and you can skip to step 2 to flash a carrier rom step to get a new radio if you havent, or to step 3 to flash a user rom if you have already flashed a carrier rom before to upgrade your radio)

Step 1 is completed successfully. When I get to the rainbow screen it displays the default SPL of .36

2.Press soft reset button to load phone back into Windows Mobile.

Step 2 completed successfully.

3.Download ImCokeman 's latest vogue unlocker tool

Step 3 completed successfully as long as the most current is 2.31. If someone can look at the link to the actual file to make sure it is up to date or if maybe I'm missing some part of the instructions for installing imcokeman please let me know. Here is a copy of the link I am getting the unlocker from... ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...r_MFG_2.31.exe
and here copy of the link to the full directions is at the beginning of this thread

4.Make sure phone is connected to your computer via Activesync. ( install Activesync software on your computer if you havent from the disc verizon/carrier gave you (if not download Here) , connect phone via the mini-USB cable to computer, make sure says connected to activesync, aka activesync should be a green icon near your 'windows clock' area [hopefully not grey which means not connected]).

Step 4 I have Vista so I am using Windows Mobile Device Center and Sync Center both from Microsoft. Do I need to install Activesync still? That wouldn't make any sense. There is a green icon next to the windows clock but it is always green even when my vogue is not connected.

5.Run ImCokeman unlocker tool on your computer. (just click the .exe from that file you downloaded, it will create a temp directory in that folder with all the files it needs, and auto-run Vogue_unlocker.bat for you. if this doesnt work, unzip the file manually, and run that .bat)

Step 5 for this step all I do is click on the icon for Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe it pops up a open file-security warning window that says, "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" Then I click on run and it opens a winrar self-extracting archive window. In the window it says first to Press Install button to start extraction, second Press Install button to start extraction, and last Press Install button to start extraction. It has a destination address that says tmpvg23 and then I hit install which places that tmpvg23 folder on my desktop. I could change that location if I need to because it has a browse button but I just left it alone.

6.A black command line window pops up on your computer. Follow the instructions, it wil ask you to unplug and reconnect your phone at some point. By end of the steps, Your phone should now display rainbow screen that says 'SPL-2.0 Coke' i believe

Step 6 After I hit the install button in the last step the black command line window pops up. It then says "Connect your device via activesync before continuing. Press any key to continue. . ." I've had it connected from the earlier step. That is ok right? I hit enter next and the it says "initializing" then it says "#### The next step will be to load a temporary SPL
to ram with JumpSPL #### press any key." I hit enter and then my screen swiches to what I think is the rainbow screen it is red at the top, then green, then blue, and then white. It disconnects me from Windows Mobile Device Center everytime right after I hit enter that second time. It has probably been over 30 times in a row that it happens. In the red it says . . .

VOGU100 MFG
SPL-2.00.Coke
CPLD-3

The green strip and the blue strip hav no writing in them and then the white strip says USB in the middle of it's strip towards the top of the strip. Back in the black command window it says. . .

####
Your Device Should now be in 3 color screen showing the Soft Bootloader
####
_
####
You must now disconnect and reconnect that device from your PC
Do not make any other changes at this time, but don't skip this part.
####
_
####
*** Repeat : You MUST disconnect and reconnect the device at this time
####
Press any key to continue . . .

I then unplug it and when that happens where it said USB in the middle of the white strip said SERIAL then I plugged the mini usb back in and it said USB. The whole time in Windows Mobile Device Center and Sync Center it still says not connected even though we unplugged and then plugged like it told us to. I think I still need to disconnect and connect one more time. We disconnect and then connect again. Samething USB to SERIAL to USB. This time and last, right when I connect or disconnect the computer is makeing a noise.

After Disconnecting and connecting again twice I hit enter and the black command line window types . . .
_
####
Starting the Rom Upgrade Utility. Please follow the steps on the
RUU to compete the relocking process. Press enter when conplete.

I'm stopping here till I get some answers because it popped up a "PDA Phone ROM Update Utility 3.19.4.3" This has to be one that was included in the unlocker. I thought the unlocker was just an unlocker. What should I do??????? My Verizon Wireless XV6900 aka HTC Vogue is still on the 3 color screen that says. . .
VOGU100 MFG
SPL-2.00.Coke
CPLD-3
. . . and this ROM Utility popped up. Do I soft reset and then do the utility???????? Any help would be great.

7.If it didnt restart your phone automatically at the end of its steps, Soft reset your phone by pressing the small pinhole to get back into Windows Mobile
8.Get back into bootloader mode by pressing Camera +Power +Reset. Should say 'SPL-2.31 Coke'. Dont continue doesnt say this. Redo the Unlocker step if says 'SPL .36' still.
9.You can move on to next step, you can flash the new rom from this step without soft-resetting into Windows Mobile again.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
I tried following the steps in the above link and I can't get it to work. Any help would be appeciated.

Below you will find the steps the link above tells me to take to unlock using imcokeman unlocker 2.31GPS.

Unlock with coke unlocker step:
1.While phone is on, put phone into bootloader mode by pressing all these buttons at same time: Camera +Power +Reset. P.S. Easiest way to do this is hold phone in left hand, thumb pressing power button, pointer pressing camera, and then while holding those right hand pressing 'soft reset' pinhole button with stylus(button on slightly right side on bottom/underside of the phone near the USB input). Hold all these, till a rainbow screen appears. if you have the default SPL of .36, means you havent done anything with phone probably yet and can continue. (BUT if you have Coke SPL 2.31 listed there (then you prob already unlocked phone before), and you can skip to step 2 to flash a carrier rom step to get a new radio if you havent, or to step 3 to flash a user rom if you have already flashed a carrier rom before to upgrade your radio)

Step 1 is completed successfully. When I get to the rainbow screen it displays the default SPL of .36

2.Press soft reset button to load phone back into Windows Mobile.

Step 2 completed successfully.

3.Download ImCokeman 's latest vogue unlocker tool

Step 3 completed successfully as long as the most current is 2.31. If someone can look at the link to the actual file to make sure it is up to date or if maybe I'm missing some part of the instructions for installing imcokeman please let me know. Here is a copy of the link I am getting the unlocker from... ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...r_MFG_2.31.exe
and here copy of the link to the full directions is at the beginning of this thread

4.Make sure phone is connected to your computer via Activesync. ( install Activesync software on your computer if you havent from the disc verizon/carrier gave you (if not download Here) , connect phone via the mini-USB cable to computer, make sure says connected to activesync, aka activesync should be a green icon near your 'windows clock' area [hopefully not grey which means not connected]).

Step 4 I have Vista so I am using Windows Mobile Device Center and Sync Center both from Microsoft. Do I need to install Activesync still? That wouldn't make any sense. There is a green icon next to the windows clock but it is always green even when my vogue is not connected.

5.Run ImCokeman unlocker tool on your computer. (just click the .exe from that file you downloaded, it will create a temp directory in that folder with all the files it needs, and auto-run Vogue_unlocker.bat for you. if this doesnt work, unzip the file manually, and run that .bat)

Step 5 for this step all I do is click on the icon for Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe it pops up a open file-security warning window that says, "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" Then I click on run and it opens a winrar self-extracting archive window. In the window it says first to Press Install button to start extraction, second Press Install button to start extraction, and last Press Install button to start extraction. It has a destination address that says tmpvg23 and then I hit install which places that tmpvg23 folder on my desktop. I could change that location if I need to because it has a browse button but I just left it alone.

6.A black command line window pops up on your computer. Follow the instructions, it wil ask you to unplug and reconnect your phone at some point. By end of the steps, Your phone should now display rainbow screen that says 'SPL-2.0 Coke' i believe

Step 6 After I hit the install button in the last step the black command line window pops up. It then says "Connect your device via activesync before continuing. Press any key to continue. . ." I've had it connected from the earlier step. That is ok right? I hit enter next and the it says "initializing" then it says "#### The next step will be to load a temporary SPL
to ram with JumpSPL #### press any key." I hit enter and then my screen swiches to what I think is the rainbow screen it is red at the top, then green, then blue, and then white. It disconnects me from Windows Mobile Device Center everytime right after I hit enter that second time. It has probably been over 30 times in a row that it happens. In the red it says . . .

VOGU100 MFG
SPL-2.00.Coke
CPLD-3

The green strip and the blue strip hav no writing in them and then the white strip says USB in the middle of it's strip towards the top of the strip. Back in the black command window it says. . .

####
Your Device Should now be in 3 color screen showing the Soft Bootloader
####
_
####
You must now disconnect and reconnect that device from your PC
Do not make any other changes at this time, but don't skip this part.
####
_
####
*** Repeat : You MUST disconnect and reconnect the device at this time
####
Press any key to continue . . .

I then unplug it and when that happens where it said USB in the middle of the white strip said SERIAL then I plugged the mini usb back in and it said USB. The whole time in Windows Mobile Device Center and Sync Center it still says not connected even though we unplugged and then plugged like it told us to. I think I still need to disconnect and connect one more time. We disconnect and then connect again. Samething USB to SERIAL to USB. This time and last, right when I connect or disconnect the computer is makeing a noise.

After Disconnecting and connecting again twice I hit enter and the black command line window types . . .
_
####
Starting the Rom Upgrade Utility. Please follow the steps on the
RUU to compete the relocking process. Press enter when conplete.

I'm stopping here till I get some answers because it popped up a "PDA Phone ROM Update Utility 3.19.4.3" This has to be one that was included in the unlocker. I thought the unlocker was just an unlocker. What should I do??????? My Verizon Wireless XV6900 aka HTC Vogue is still on the 3 color screen that says. . .
VOGU100 MFG
SPL-2.00.Coke
CPLD-3
. . . and this ROM Utility popped up. Do I soft reset and then do the utility???????? Any help would be great.

7.If it didnt restart your phone automatically at the end of its steps, Soft reset your phone by pressing the small pinhole to get back into Windows Mobile
8.Get back into bootloader mode by pressing Camera +Power +Reset. Should say 'SPL-2.31 Coke'. Dont continue doesnt say this. Redo the Unlocker step if says 'SPL .36' still.
9.You can move on to next step, you can flash the new rom from this step without soft-resetting into Windows Mobile again.
Looks like you did everything right.. Ok.. When the RUU comes up and your still in the Tri color screen.. RUN THE RUU!!! Because the RUU will flash the Unlocker to your phone.. this is a very important step!
Once you do that it will be unlocked.. so just follow what it says as you did and then let the RUU run and it will unlock yourp hone

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mohebbo is a n00b

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my phone unlocked this morning but now everytime the backlight goes out the phone freezes and i have to soft reset it. If I soft reset it works fine until the light goes out and then it freezes again. I never upgraded the radio with one of the carrier roms is this the reason or is it something else you all might know of?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my phone unlocked this morning but now everytime the backlight goes out the phone freezes and i have to soft reset it. If I soft reset it works fine until the light goes out and then it freezes again. I never upgraded the radio with one of the carrier roms is this the reason or is it something else you all might know of?
Do a hard reset
but what ROM are you using? You didnt flash a custom yet did you?
Old 10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP

i will post a full tutorial and my recommendations when i get home in a couple of hours... i am posting from my touch
Old 10-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work

Quote:

1. What are the steps?

for upgrading your rom i HIGHLY suggest getting dharveys lite rom, it's hands down the fastest and most stable rom ever. i'm having problems attaching it so pm me your email address if you'd like it.

looks like you got your help with how to upgrade the rom ect. so i'm going to help you with getting the cool stuff that you need on there....read this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=16

hope this helps. good luck and have fun

Last edited by jaredakelly; 10-12-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Almost a VIP

I always just use my own ROM's because no one elses is every perfect lol.. I do like Dharvey's and OMJ's... OMJ's battery didnt last long if I remember right... its been a bit so he might have fixed it.. anyways

Looks like people have told you what to do.. Now just find a good ROM you like and flash it
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue