PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jonnybravo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sprint HTC Touch IM Program

Hey everyone,

I''m currently using OMJ's Rom.

However, I would like to use the IM program that came standard with the Touch. This is one that allowed you to hook up with Aim/Msn/Yahoo messaging programs.

Is there a way to get it somewhere or something similar to it? Thanks.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

avgas100 is just getting started
Re: Default Sprint HTC Touch IM Program

that would be "OZ messenger", there's a .cab file out there, do a search and if you find it post it here I also need it

EDIT: Here it is http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1201854534

Make sure you have an unlimited text messages plan, since OZ uses text messages instead of a internet connection

Last edited by avgas100; 09-08-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by avgas100 View Post
that would be "OZ messenger", there's a .cab file out there, do a search and if you find it post it here I also need it

EDIT: Here it is http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1201854534

Make sure you have an unlimited text messages plan, since OZ uses text messages instead of a internet connection
I'm not sure how people say OZ uses text messages instead of an internet connection. When I receive a message it opens OZ, it doesn't go into the Text Messages part in Outlook. Also, it takes a pretty big hit to the battery life since it is connected to the internet.

EDIT: Is there a trick to make it use SMS? I would rather it use texting than the internet due to the big battery life it takes when using the internet.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I'm not sure how people say OZ uses text messages instead of an internet connection. When I receive a message it opens OZ, it doesn't go into the Text Messages part in Outlook. Also, it takes a pretty big hit to the battery life since it is connected to the internet.

EDIT: Is there a trick to make it use SMS? I would rather it use texting than the internet due to the big battery life it takes when using the internet.

it uses both....it uses the internet connection to download and update buddy list information, but for the actual sending and receving of IM's it uses text messages to transmit the message. It doesnt use the outlook text messaging client or anything, it uses text messaging protocols to transmit the messages. I don't know why they do this, but I do know several people who have been hit with some extremley high text message bills because they used this program. Switching to a normal IM program resolves this as most of them use the internet connection only.

Oz can also cause extremley annoying text messages from strange numbers to start popping up out of nowhere. Apparently its caused by shutting down OZ without signing off your buddy lists first. Its the most annoying thing in the world, and there are several ways people have reported to fix it. The most common ways are to either uninstall OZ and reinstall it, or to sign into OZ, log off all buddy lists, exit OZ, and soft reset.

Either way, I hate Oz. I much prefer Jivetalk or Palringo.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsimon1979 View Post
it uses both....it uses the internet connection to download and update buddy list information, but for the actual sending and receving of IM's it uses text messages to transmit the message. It doesnt use the outlook text messaging client or anything, it uses text messaging protocols to transmit the messages. I don't know why they do this, but I do know several people who have been hit with some extremley high text message bills because they used this program. Switching to a normal IM program resolves this as most of them use the internet connection only.

Oz can also cause extremley annoying text messages from strange numbers to start popping up out of nowhere. Apparently its caused by shutting down OZ without signing off your buddy lists first. Its the most annoying thing in the world, and there are several ways people have reported to fix it. The most common ways are to either uninstall OZ and reinstall it, or to sign into OZ, log off all buddy lists, exit OZ, and soft reset.

Either way, I hate Oz. I much prefer Jivetalk or Palringo.
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense, I just never noticed it since I have unlimited texting anyway.

I wish there was an IM app that didn't use as much battery life, that's the only reason I don't stay signed into them all the time.

I really miss Verichat and I wish someone would re-develop that app. I loved signing out to the texting feature since it didn't use any battery life unless you signed in to see your buddy list.

If OZ uses texting for the messages, then one really nice feature would be to have it only update your buddy list when you open the app rather than constantly doing it in the background.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
If OZ uses texting for the messages, then one really nice feature would be to have it only update your buddy list when you open the app rather than constantly doing it in the background.

Agreed...that would definitley be nice. I would also like it if they gave the option to use data or texts to transmit messages. I would definitley use it then.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue