PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

spiritd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Touch Coming...Have Questions

All great advice. Registry tweaks were a blast on my Q.

I was wondering if any of you have tried this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...touch+keyboard

Edit:

I think I may do the following for my theme:

Install SPB Mobile Shell then install a Touch Diamond theme.

Sound good? =D

Last edited by spiritd; 09-01-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue / Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ghostridr is keeping up the good workghostridr is keeping up the good work

If you're into the diamond theme, look, and feel for you touch like I am. My personal recommondation would be to go with NexVision's throttlelauncher rom. It's packed full of goodies and is intergrated into the rom with tweaks that make is the snappiest rom i've used to date. So far he's been kind enough to share with us his v3 rom with throttlelauncher v.9.2 slipped streamed into his rom. Newest version of throttlelauncher is currently v9.3 that has flash and more goodies. But if you install v9.3 standalone theme on top of his rom, you can NOT revert back to v9.2 without having to reflash to NexVision's v3 rom.

I you're not into flashing custom roms, then you can download and install v9.3 throttlelauncher theme for your current setup so you can get an idea how the interface is, and uninstall it if you don't like it. When I had throttlelauncher v9.3 installed on top of my WM 6.1(stock rom), it was sorta sluggish for my taste, but after flashing to NexVision's rom, It was fast as hell and pretty stable. So I think Nex did a great job of testing his tweaks/customizations before releasing.

Last edited by ghostridr; 09-01-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spiritd is a n00b

I think roms would be a waste on me..I think I'd enjoy standard 6.1 with some good aps and a good skin like the SPB w/ Diamond.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spiritd is a n00b

Which diamond skin for SPB would you guys recommend? I've seen a couple of them.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchHD
Carrier: Tmobile

Style is a n00b

I can't lie to you, there isn't one particular set of programs that work well. Once you get bit by the bug, its over. I seriously changed my phone outlook maybe 30 times in the past 3 months. Keyboards, I've gone back and foward between pcm keyboard, touch keyboard, and touchpal. Honestly to rank them the touch keyboard is last for me. It seems inaccurate slow and nonresponsive to me. Touchpal has a high learning curve but once you pick it up, you will be fast with it than with a physical keyboard. The PCM keyboard was really good for me. It shows the the letters small but once you press the button it will only enter the button on the release not the press, which makes you slower but makes you more accurate on such a small screen. Which you pick is really up to you.

UI, I have honestly tried so many things from PointUI up...I honestly believe that you have to try them all to see what works for you. What I ended up doing was using the Quickmenu...it replaces the start menu and gives you the ability to run your phone like a CPU's start menu. You can access all options straight from the Home menu. Has SIP change, soft reset...its crazy good. No matter what setup I have...quickmenu is the only constant. Try All the user interfaces.

Contacts, I originally loved PocketCM...awesome program. It stores your contracts and also uses threaded text with a damn slick interface...which supports your SIP. Its an amazing program, my only knock on it....Its SLOW LOADING. If you have many contacts it has to load them all and it takes any where from 10-20 seconds....very slow if you're trying to get simple things done. Now I haven't tried the updated PCM so I don't know if its anyfaster now..but before the only to keep things quick was to keep the program loaded, and since it had such a big footprint it would draw a lot of memory. That said, I flashed my phone, which gave me the upgraded threaded messenging, and I switched over to Icontacts...which has the same slick interface as PCM but doesn't have the messenging feature....made for a good combo. Then I found out about SMS chat...now I'm in love all over again.

You also have cool additions like weatherpanel, SPB mobile shell, Opera Browser, Skyfire Browser, Wisbar, TCPMP, Flashvideobundle, Seriously this can go on for a while and I haven't even scratched the surface. I have 2 posts in this forum but I've been trolling for a very long time...I have a lot of knowledge because of the infamous search button.

But anyway, my current lineup, My custom ThrottleLauncher with Throttlelock setup. customized the interface with my links, using Icontacts, weatherpanel, Opera, SMSChat, Quickmenu, I edited all white screens....like the calculator and etc with HTC backgrounds to polish off the entire effect. It runs smooth especially with my own custom flashed ROM. try your own setup...welcome to La Familia
Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritd View Post
Hey guys, my HTC Touch should be here on Tuesday so I'd like to prepare some software for it.

The Touch will be from Sprint.

So far, I know that my Touch will not come with 6.1 preinstalled and I will need to update it. After this, I will install my software.

I really want to have the following features:

-Scroll through contacts: ?
-Good Browser: Skyfire
-Good, large QWERTY keyboard: ?
- Slide to unlock : Slide to unlock program
-I read that it's hard to see the Touch dialer in daylight, so I'd really like a link to a good dialer that can be seen in day light.
-I was going to attempt to install a full iPhone theme, but instead I decided to keep the Touch a Windows phone. So I'd be interested in a really good theme like I had for my Q that mimics Vista or something...anything that looks very nice.

I've been searching these forums for about 3 weeks now...there's just too much, most of you probably have a firm grasp of what is best for the Touch.
Please help me find these software programs for my Touch...I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!
i'm going to solve all your problems.....

-the best most finger friendly contacts is "icontact", it can be found here:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...tact-v0-2.html

-i personally dont like skyfire, yes is does media but it's very slow and not that finger "flicky" like opera 9 browser which is my personal favorite and can be found here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31906

skyfire beta can be found here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=skyfire

-the full quwerty keyboard that comes with the touch is just great but if you want a full screen one this one is great:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/fsk/?en

-here is slide to unlock and caller id in one program:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34141

-here is the absolute best dialer imo (you are going to want to register with xda-developers because you will use them many times in the future):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395086

-i would suggest against any iphone theme because it just causes more lag. here is the best rom on the board, i use the lite version because i can add my own stuff and it's super quick:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31081

-oh yeah and you are absolutely going to need pocket winrar for most of these programs to work:

http://www.bestsoftware4download.com/software/k-winrar-t-free-pocket-rar-download-ujwaliqb.html

hope this helps.

Last edited by jaredakelly; 10-12-2008 at 12:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spiritd is a n00b

Wow. Awesome posts. Thanks so much guys! One question about iContacts: Is there a quicker way to access it then going through the start menu stuff?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritd View Post
Wow. Awesome posts. Thanks so much guys! One question about iContacts: Is there a quicker way to access it then going through the start menu stuff?
make it a softkey by using this program:

http://www.dotfred.net/SoftkeyAppletEx.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spiritd is a n00b

Is the only way to exit out of iContact to press the red button?

O_o
Old 09-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchHD
Carrier: Tmobile

Style is a n00b

theres an invisible X button at the top right corner....I would really suggest you invest in Quickmenu, set it as your soft tap button instead of the camera (the button on the bottom right side of the of the phone) then you can bring up quick menu quickly without even thinking about it. Quickmenu will allow you to close problems very efficiently.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue