View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Style
Lurker

Style is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Touch Coming...Have Questions

I can't lie to you, there isn't one particular set of programs that work well. Once you get bit by the bug, its over. I seriously changed my phone outlook maybe 30 times in the past 3 months. Keyboards, I've gone back and foward between pcm keyboard, touch keyboard, and touchpal. Honestly to rank them the touch keyboard is last for me. It seems inaccurate slow and nonresponsive to me. Touchpal has a high learning curve but once you pick it up, you will be fast with it than with a physical keyboard. The PCM keyboard was really good for me. It shows the the letters small but once you press the button it will only enter the button on the release not the press, which makes you slower but makes you more accurate on such a small screen. Which you pick is really up to you.

UI, I have honestly tried so many things from PointUI up...I honestly believe that you have to try them all to see what works for you. What I ended up doing was using the Quickmenu...it replaces the start menu and gives you the ability to run your phone like a CPU's start menu. You can access all options straight from the Home menu. Has SIP change, soft reset...its crazy good. No matter what setup I have...quickmenu is the only constant. Try All the user interfaces.

Contacts, I originally loved PocketCM...awesome program. It stores your contracts and also uses threaded text with a damn slick interface...which supports your SIP. Its an amazing program, my only knock on it....Its SLOW LOADING. If you have many contacts it has to load them all and it takes any where from 10-20 seconds....very slow if you're trying to get simple things done. Now I haven't tried the updated PCM so I don't know if its anyfaster now..but before the only to keep things quick was to keep the program loaded, and since it had such a big footprint it would draw a lot of memory. That said, I flashed my phone, which gave me the upgraded threaded messenging, and I switched over to Icontacts...which has the same slick interface as PCM but doesn't have the messenging feature....made for a good combo. Then I found out about SMS chat...now I'm in love all over again.

You also have cool additions like weatherpanel, SPB mobile shell, Opera Browser, Skyfire Browser, Wisbar, TCPMP, Flashvideobundle, Seriously this can go on for a while and I haven't even scratched the surface. I have 2 posts in this forum but I've been trolling for a very long time...I have a lot of knowledge because of the infamous search button.

But anyway, my current lineup, My custom ThrottleLauncher with Throttlelock setup. customized the interface with my links, using Icontacts, weatherpanel, Opera, SMSChat, Quickmenu, I edited all white screens....like the calculator and etc with HTC backgrounds to polish off the entire effect. It runs smooth especially with my own custom flashed ROM. try your own setup...welcome to La Familia