PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: Sprint

evilvoice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Removing Office/One Note from Rom - HELP

well, it seems like it is going to be a while before Dan can help me with my Rom, but I was hoping to give it a try myself. Can someone tell me how to remove Office and One Note? I extracted the nbh with rstoyguy's tutorial, then in SYS, I deleted the folders with Office and One Note in them (like 6 of them). I did keep the VehicleMlg.xltx Template, but it is seperate. Also, I went to base files, and removed the 3 items dealing with office. Is this all there is to removing Office? Do I need to edit any files? Please help me if you can.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:11 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Removing Office/One Note from Rom - HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post
well, it seems like it is going to be a while before Dan can help me with my Rom, but I was hoping to give it a try myself. Can someone tell me how to remove Office and One Note? I extracted the nbh with rstoyguy's tutorial, then in SYS, I deleted the folders with Office and One Note in them (like 6 of them). I did keep the VehicleMlg.xltx Template, but it is seperate. Also, I went to base files, and removed the 3 items dealing with office. Is this all there is to removing Office? Do I need to edit any files? Please help me if you can.
That should take it out. Now did you disassemble dharveys rom? Just an fyi...A rom build with the ppckitchen can't be disassembled, and reassembled then reflashed. It won't boot... But you can poke around and see what's there.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just extracted the sprint download (not using anything else, should I be?)...havent deconstructed anything. I did download your OEM...but is there a way that I can keep some of the original sprint oem there, or does it have to have that init file so the buildos knows to package it? Thank you for your help also.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I just extracted the sprint download (not using anything else, should I be?)...havent deconstructed anything. I did download your OEM...but is there a way that I can keep some of the original sprint oem there, or does it have to have that init file so the buildos knows to package it? Thank you for your help also.
I thought you were talking about using dharveys rom...You'll need a fresh sprint release rom to work with if you want to reflash it.

I've taken alot of the sprint customizations out, and in order to install the new keyboard, commmanager, etc...I deleted/replaced a bunch of stuff. And I don't do the HTC Home screen, so it's gone too. So if you want to start fresh you can, I've just done a little prep work and decided to share it one morning. Which init file? And that's what I'm here for, to help. Cause in most instances when I've helped someone, I learn a few more details as well...

edit: ignore that previous post...I seem to be having a problem behind my keyboard...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you, and I downloaded the sprint file linked in your kitchen thread post 1, or the one named RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_Radio_3.42.30 _AM_NV_2.04_Ship. Ive looked at how youve built the OEMs and I must congratulate you on making those, I have tried with some of my stuff, but it just doesnt seem correct. I used the xda site where you said the tools were (dont remember then name of the tool or the poster, but it takes a cab file and makes it an oem), but it says there are reg entries and when I look at the rgu it just says regedit4...which either means it isnt pulling the reg or there isnt any reg settings.

PS Just to let you know, once I have someone who will answer my questions, I try to learn EVERYTHING I can, so be prepared for lots of questions LOL
Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

There are some annoyances with the original sprint rom...not too many on my side. I dont really run out of room yet, but I dont have everything installed because I keep flashing the device (prolly not as often as most people here, but then again, I dont have many issues). What are the benefits of putting a program in the rom. I am thinking that there is some room left over in the rom that does not take up the storage space on the device, which would be the benefit of putting things in rom that you always want installed. Also, what is a paging pool? Ive seen 24mb and 16mb, what is the point in this?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:51 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Thank you, and I downloaded the sprint file linked in your kitchen thread post 1, or the one named RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_Radio_3.42.30 _AM_NV_2.04_Ship. Ive looked at how youve built the OEMs and I must congratulate you on making those, I have tried with some of my stuff, but it just doesnt seem correct. I used the xda site where you said the tools were (dont remember then name of the tool or the poster, but it takes a cab file and makes it an oem), but it says there are reg entries and when I look at the rgu it just says regedit4...which either means it isnt pulling the reg or there isnt any reg settings.

PS Just to let you know, once I have someone who will answer my questions, I try to learn EVERYTHING I can, so be prepared for lots of questions LOL
A little trick I've learned making OEM's is install the .cab, setup the program, then export the registry to the RGU file... It's nice to have say, Spb weather OEM'd and load with your weather setting and all you have to do is update the data. Ervius's package creator, or the .cab file doesn't always have all the reg entries. More often they are created when you first run a program or by a hook in the .cab that runs setup.dll if it exists. The only trick is to get all the seperate entries...

And to get a clean .nbh, open RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_Radio_3.42.30 _AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe with winrar and extract 2.nbh to your kitchen's root directory, run prepit on that and you have a virgin sprint rom to play with. That is where my base started out.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
SuperNoob

Quote:
There are some annoyances with the original sprint rom...not too many on my side. I dont really run out of room yet, but I dont have everything installed because I keep flashing the device (prolly not as often as most people here, but then again, I dont have many issues). What are the benefits of putting a program in the rom. I am thinking that there is some room left over in the rom that does not take up the storage space on the device, which would be the benefit of putting things in rom that you always want installed. Also, what is a paging pool? Ive seen 24mb and 16mb, what is the point in this?
Annoyances I have taken care of...(my anoyances anyways). The advantage to flashing a rom complete with programs, is you don't have to spend 2 hours reloading your rom after a flash. The downsides, if there is a newer version, you can't update as easy, but I create my OEM's with that in mind and try to have install like a .cab instal. But if I'm out and mess up something, I can hard reset and have everything the way I want it within 10 minutes. The only customizations I run after flashing is restoring my PIMbackup information.
Pagepool? A debated issue, It supposedly make the device run quicker. I haven't seen much improvement with a higher #, I think the stock 12 is a good number for me. I know this thing doesn't have a dual core processor...I don't change it, I think it's 12mb in what I'm running...
Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

what would be the best way to capture reg changes, which is what Im sure most people are doing to see what changed in the reg (kinda the same thing on a windows machine)
Old 08-16-2008, 12:04 AM
SuperNoob

RegLogger out of ppcgeeks_oem.rar
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue