PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

evilvoice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Removing Office/One Note from Rom - HELP

Ok, well thank you very much, and Im sure Ill be back with questions, but I have enough to go on to start working on building my rom. I guess if it doesnt work out right, I can always reflash stock and start over...dont wanna do that too much so I dont end up like Dan and have to get a new phone.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

How would I replace the Start Menu with Quick Menu? Is it just renaming QuickMenu.exe to htcStartMenu.exe and placing the other files in the SYS dir?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:20 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Just insert the quickmenu OEM into your OEM directory. The OEM copies quickmenu.lnk to the \windows\startup directory, and that's what does it.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:32 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post
There are some annoyances with the original sprint rom...not too many on my side. I dont really run out of room yet, but I dont have everything installed because I keep flashing the device (prolly not as often as most people here, but then again, I dont have many issues). What are the benefits of putting a program in the rom. I am thinking that there is some room left over in the rom that does not take up the storage space on the device, which would be the benefit of putting things in rom that you always want installed. Also, what is a paging pool? Ive seen 24mb and 16mb, what is the point in this?

1st...congrats on taking the 1st step to your independence....if all the flash junkies out there knew how easy it was to cook your own custom rom exactly the way they wanted it, there would not be so much dependence on ppl like Dan.

The ROM is a specific size (partition), if you cook a program into the rom you are saving program space.

PP is suppose to increase speed by adding memory, but it does draw from the program memory. There are some better explanations out there.

good luck
Old 08-16-2008, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, new question...in the OEM package from rstoyguy's kitchen thread, there are folders named UCAutorun, OperatorPKG, OperatorPKG_PT. I notice these are the original Sprint OEM stuff. If I make changes to the 3 config files in UCAutorun, and reference the Operator folders, would that stuff run? The config?.txt files are something I dont understand how they run. It also looks like a lot of the config files are old, or reference an older rom. So if I make changes to the config files and cook a rom, will those folders get put into the rom? and will it run? Im thinking when the Autorun runs, it will run the config files, maybe?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:50 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

The best thing to do is to reference those files in a new sprint rom. I copied most of those files into the OEM so I could easily identify them and remove sprint's customizations as the new rom's come out or if I needed to start clean again...So yeah, they might be a little old. It was just an easy way for me to remember.
UCAutorun is one from the ppckitchen that I think old_man_jenkins fixed and I further modified, and the other two folders are ones that come with the stock rom.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, it isnt exactly working like I thought it would...Office gets removed, and I assume the welcome center got removed (it still asks me to align, stylus, password, email upon flash). I used Pocket RAR, an OEM I created, UCAutorun, Game Mega Pack, and QuickMenu. It installs fine, but nothing from the original ROM is in the Start Menu. Also, my battery is at 0% which I dont know if it is because of QuickMenu or not. I dont get a HTC HomePlug or anything like that. I think Im definitely gonna need more time with this LOL.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post
Well, it isnt exactly working like I thought it would...Office gets removed, and I assume the welcome center got removed (it still asks me to align, stylus, password, email upon flash). I used Pocket RAR, an OEM I created, UCAutorun, Game Mega Pack, and QuickMenu. It installs fine, but nothing from the original ROM is in the Start Menu. Also, my battery is at 0% which I dont know if it is because of QuickMenu or not. I dont get a HTC HomePlug or anything like that. I think Im definitely gonna need more time with this LOL.
For start up use:
;Skip welcome except calibrate and timezone
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome]
"Disable"=dword:FFFFFFED

I had to kill this in the provisioning somewhere, don't recall but it's in my kitchen. I'm not sure why your battery is at 0%...That one I haven't had the pleasure of encountering yet. In my rom/kitchen, HTC home has been officially exterminated, not there. With practice, trial and error, you shall overcome and conquer!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

LOL, Thanks for the help. With working all day, the only time I can work on this is during the weekend (12 hours of driving during the week), but I will continue working on it next weekend.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue