PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mr_cheerios is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Connections Stop Me From Recieving Calls!

Hello all, I have been pouring through this and other forums like it for days now. I have been experimenting with different ROM's for a couple days now, and I need some serious help... I love this NFSFAN Bell ROM, but I use this phone for work, and I need to have my two email accounts connecting regularly to my data line to check for emails. I prefer to leave my data connection on 24/7, and before I modded my Bell HTC Touch I could do that no problem. But on this ROM if my data connection in on, I can't recieve calls because the data line won't make way for the phone signal in time. Help me please, I have seen many fixes and have tried lots of them and none of them seem to have worked. The phone call shows up on my phone in time, but when I hit answer it just waits for like 10 seconds until it goes to voicemail, and then my data connection closes.

I have Radio version 3.42.50 (obtained from the official Bell update) and am using NFSFAN 1.13.V2.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Re: Data Connections Stop Me From Recieving Calls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cheerios View Post
Hello all, I have been pouring through this and other forums like it for days now. I have been experimenting with different ROM's for a couple days now, and I need some serious help... I love this NFSFAN Bell ROM, but I use this phone for work, and I need to have my two email accounts connecting regularly to my data line to check for emails. I prefer to leave my data connection on 24/7, and before I modded my Bell HTC Touch I could do that no problem. But on this ROM if my data connection in on, I can't recieve calls because the data line won't make way for the phone signal in time. Help me please, I have seen many fixes and have tried lots of them and none of them seem to have worked. The phone call shows up on my phone in time, but when I hit answer it just waits for like 10 seconds until it goes to voicemail, and then my data connection closes.

I have Radio version 3.42.50 (obtained from the official Bell update) and am using NFSFAN 1.13.V2.
You might start with what exactly you did to "mod" your phone.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

mr_cheerios is a n00b

I installed NFSFAN's custom Bell ROM exactly as is instructed.

-First I installed the Coke Bootloader 2.31
-Then I flashed the Official Bell Update, ROM: 3.08.666.1/Radio: 3.42.50
-Then I flashed NFSFAN 1.13.V2

This all worked 100%, and when using the stock ROM and the updated Bell ROM, I can have my EVDO connection active 100% of the time, I can have my personal email and a hotmail account both updating automatically, be surfing the web and still recieve phone calls no problem. The data connection get's suspended while I am on the phone, and then picks right back off where it left when I am done. After upgrading my ROM to NSFAN 1.13.V2 I can only get success when my data connection is not active. I have tried this without email accounts installed and with them installed. It just won't let go when I get a phone call.

I have read that an email account which syncs automatically will sometimes cause this, but I have this problem even without my email configured after a hard reset...
Old 08-11-2008, 01:25 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

coob is a n00b

I've had a similar issue and I'm still running the official Sprint 6.1 rom.

No solution, but a similar discussion is progressing here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32840

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue