PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Lurker

poiuytrewq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Display internet onto laptop screen-no tether

Hello everybody, this may seem dumb, but i was wondering if it was possible to link the laptop to the vogue to show the web pages, without tethering. Problem is my eyesight is failing and the vogue screen is of course becoming difficult to see easily. I know i can tether, but dont want any unexpected high bills. I am hoping there is a program that would mimic the vogue screen on my laptop. Any programs like this? Or can anyone tell me for sure that they have used pdanet or other registry hack and have not been charged extra for tethering?
thanks

Last edited by poiuytrewq; 08-09-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Magic 32w/ Android and Cyanogen ROM
Carrier: Rogers

maxqc is becoming a great contributor
Re: Display internet onto laptop screen-no tether

PDANET had done miracles for some ppl here.. I would trust it.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
Hello everybody, this may seem dumb, but i was wondering if it was possible to link the laptop to the vogue to show the web pages, without tethering. Problem is my eyesight is failing and the vogue screen is of course becoming difficult to see easily. I know i can tether, but dont want any unexpected high bills. I am hoping there is a program that would mimic the vogue screen on my laptop. Any programs like this? Or can anyone tell me for sure that they have used pdanet or other registry hack and have not been charged extra for tethering?
thanks

Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265

I have been using this and have not incurred ANY charges for tethering, and i even used 9gb last month!

Now playing on iTunes: Handsome Boy Modeling School - Once Again (Here To Kick One For You) via FoxyTunes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

I would also second their opinoins as well as strongly recmmend them as PDAnet does indeed bypass tethering fees (with the exception of VZW, because they'll catch tethering)
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 08-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

rcelegans is a n00b
Smile Re: Display internet onto laptop screen-no tether

I think this is what you are looking for- it is an application called EveryWAN Remote and it's free:
http://www.sparus-software.com/Devic...,43/index.html
Basically it allows you to control your HTC Touch (and others) through your laptop or PC. Its great if you have to do a lot of typing as you can use your computer keyboard and it is also allows you to zoom in so you can see pages better. It is not a tether and you will not get charged.

Cheers!
ian
Old 08-09-2008, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to EtrnlWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
thanks
Free remote control of your vogue, freeware and not as "bloated" looking as the previous post. ( i dl'd it though to test using for corp reasons )

Can try My Mobiler:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/De...re-40071.shtml

It has a zoom function, will double the size of the vogue screen if you need it that large.

For what it's worth however, I have also used PDANet with no bills... they caught me once, but that was my fault best I can tell, and i wasnt using PDANet for it.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

cooperhays is a n00b

That is so cool!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rangie is keeping up the good workrangie is keeping up the good work

I'll second My Mobiler. It even works over bluetooth. Cool stuff!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue