PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Relocking with new Sprint ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEMITCHY View Post
What is the difference between stock rom and official rom?
The true stock ROM is Windows Mobile 6.0 . That's what originally came on the device when it was FIRST released. The "official" ROM everyone refers to is the Sprint Official WM 6.1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler1982 View Post
The true stock ROM is Windows Mobile 6.0 . That's what originally came on the device when it was FIRST released. The "official" ROM everyone refers to is the Sprint Official WM 6.1
correct

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jnadke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler1982 View Post

Yes, and the procedure I noted in my last post was used to flash the Signed Official Sprint ROM.

Note that flashing the older Stock ROM can apparently cause issues.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnadke View Post
Yes, and the procedure I noted in my last post was used to flash the Signed Official Sprint ROM.

Note that flashing the older Stock ROM can apparently cause issues.
Again correct.. If you flash the Stock ROM from a custom ROM which requires a 3.35+ GPS Enabled radio the old Stock ROM cannot use that radio so it tries to overwrite it but since its not meant to overwrite GPS Radio's.. The GPS radio is still on the phone in a dormant state and therefor can sometimes cause a brick or issues later on.. Some people have done it and reported to not having any problems.. Other have had problems.. More then likely you will not.. But thats the facts as ImCokeMan posted them ... Just a little info
Old 11-05-2008, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2/ blackberry bold
Carrier: sprint & at & t

idenkilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to idenkilla

I am exchanging my current vogue for a touch pro from Sprint and I have a few questions. 1. Do I need to re-lock the SPL?2. If I do, I have to Flash stock, flash coke.40, re-flash stock, and then flash official? 3. Where can I find the stock and official roms?

Thanks for your help guys
Old 11-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
I am exchanging my current vogue for a touch pro from Sprint and I have a few questions. 1. Do I need to re-lock the SPL?2. If I do, I have to Flash stock, flash coke.40, re-flash stock, and then flash official? 3. Where can I find the stock and official roms?

Thanks for your help guys
You can just flash official .. Thats fine. .But it is better you re lock.. To relock flash 0.40.coke and then flash the official.. That simple

BTW.. How did you get them to switch you to a Touch Pro????? Let me know I am looking for one.. I miss a keyboard (Might just get a Mogul off ebay for cheap though).. Would like a Touch Pro
Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks for your help

I just complained about my battery life was horrible, and they offered to get me a new battery and I said" i had already done that" and if there was any way I can exchange my phone for another, so she agreed to swap my out. I'm paying 180 tho. But I need a keyboard phone also, I send like 3,000 texts a month

btw I love your roms
Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Thanks for your help

I just complained about my battery life was horrible, and they offered to get me a new battery and I said" i had already done that" and if there was any way I can exchange my phone for another, so she agreed to swap my out. I'm paying 180 tho. But I need a keyboard phone also, I send like 3,000 texts a month

btw I love your roms
I send about 5,000 a month.. Not fun on this Touch Keyboard haha.. I had the Mogul before this.. Hated the screen and how it wasnt flat on the phone and it was hard to get to the corners and the memory and how big it was.. but yeah..
Thanks .. I am glad you like my ROMs
Old 11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yea, i hae sbp full screen key board but it sux!! I had a mogul also but I hated that the keys were broke. memory and the screen were a big issue and then i got a iphone theme rom on it. And I was like wow imagine if I had the touch it would be an iphone loll. But that never happened since A i dont have patience to set it up like that and B M2D came out two months later.

If you get a pro, I cant wait to see what u'll be cooking for that
Old 11-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Yea, i hae sbp full screen key board but it sux!! I had a mogul also but I hated that the keys were broke. memory and the screen were a big issue and then i got a iphone theme rom on it. And I was like wow imagine if I had the touch it would be an iphone loll. But that never happened since A i dont have patience to set it up like that and B M2D came out two months later.

If you get a pro, I cant wait to see what u'll be cooking for that
Yeah the Mogul was nice but I must admit I like my Touch better .. Currently I have no way of getting a Touch Pro because I dont want to spend about 500 on it since im only about 6 months into my contract =\=\ but I am gonna start cooking for the Mogul/Titan again. Thanks to whit who sent me a test phone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue