PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: weather...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriInWA View Post
If you install weather panel, then just uncheck the weather item on your Today screen. I LOVE Weather Panel!
The weatherpanel looks very nice, but I'm looking for something to get my own city and perhaps more detail on the weather tab of HTC Home. Does weatherpanel, or anything else, do that?

I read where I can change a bunch of stuff and add files to get my own city in HTC Home's weather tab but it sounded like way too much work for not so much.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

drunkinmonk is a n00b

WP is great. Very customizable and has almost every town i can come up with in southern maine. Has animatied icons and maps. different layouts. way easier then htc home weather to customize and more info. so what are you waiting for download it now.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have really wanted to try WP, but i cant get it going on my touch. It nevers gets past the "click here to setup" even after i set it up it doesnt change.

Now playing: Wu-Tang Clan - Hollow Bones via FoxyTunes</div>
Old 07-29-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Juicy rom R5

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
The weatherpanel looks very nice, but I'm looking for something to get my own city and perhaps more detail on the weather tab of HTC Home. Does weatherpanel, or anything else, do that?

I read where I can change a bunch of stuff and add files to get my own city in HTC Home's weather tab but it sounded like way too much work for not so much.
I can get weather for any city I have put in to Weather Panel, so far.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
I have really wanted to try WP, but i cant get it going on my touch. It nevers gets past the "click here to setup" even after i set it up it doesnt change.

Now playing: Wu-Tang Clan - Hollow Bones via FoxyTunes</div>
Did you install it to your device? I think you have to install it to your device. If the Marsware shows up on your today list then tap it and it should take you to a set up screen.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriInWA View Post
Did you install it to your device? I think you have to install it to your device. If the Marsware shows up on your today list then tap it and it should take you to a set up screen.
yeah, its was installed to device, not storage. when i clicked the thing on the today and set it up nothing ever happened. it just always said "click here to setup"

Now playing: Big Punisher - Beware via FoxyTunes
</div>
Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yeah, its was installed to device, not storage. when i clicked the thing on the today and set it up nothing ever happened. it just always said "click here to setup"

Now playing: Big Punisher - Beware via FoxyTunes
</div>
Hmmm, maybe remove it and reinstall it and do a soft reset after? I'm sorry you are having trouble!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Banned User

Tried that and everything else i could think of. It just doesnt seem to work on my device. I had started my own thread a while ago, and no one could help me get it going so i just uninstalled and wrote it off. No biggie.

Now playing: Lil Wayne - Mr. Carter (Feat. Jay-Z) via FoxyTunes</div>
Old 07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Tried that and everything else i could think of. It just doesnt seem to work on my device. I had started my own thread a while ago, and no one could help me get it going so i just uninstalled and wrote it off. No biggie.

Now playing: Lil Wayne - Mr. Carter (Feat. Jay-Z) via FoxyTunes</div>
Sue Sprint! Defective device. LOL
Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

I've used weatherpanel and it's pretty slick, but like the original poster I'd like something that goes in place of the HTC Weather app (or just makes it take data from a different database). I don't want an app like WP taking up space on my desktop. The only screenshots I've seen where that works well is when you don't have calendar and task items showing. Otherwise you have to scroll around to see everything. The point of my desktop is so I can see it all at a glance in a hurry.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue