PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

GaJetski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation screen unresponsive!

i believe i pretty much screwed up my phone but theres hope.
all the buttons work but the touch screen wont acknowledge any taps. this happend after i installed this "advanced config" auto regedit thing. so im hoping that if i knew the default values (senseitivity?) i could fix it with my remote regedit. so this is where you come in! thanks in advance!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:16 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: screen unresponsive!

HKLM/Software/OEM/TFLOSetting/ 3450

Hope that Helps

Thanks T M Z

P.S. If it turns out you think you have a bad screen. I have one that you can try for free. I can send it to you. If it works great. Just send me $25 for it. If it doesn't work you can just send it back.

P.P.S. Hope the settings do it for you. Much, much easier.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30009

http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/razbor_htc_touch/

Last edited by tmz; 07-27-2008 at 11:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

brand is becoming a great contributor

I have/had a similar problem. The screen will only take input 1 out of every 10 second. I solved some of the problem by modifying some S2U2 settings, but still experience the issue when I have a voicemail count.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

the unresponsiveness comes from a bad oem in the build...i had the same problem flashing a touch

Old 07-27-2008, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch CDMA

brand is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
the unresponsiveness comes from a bad oem in the build...i had the same problem flashing a touch
Interesting. Were you able to identify which OEM was bad?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch
Threadstarter

GaJetski is a n00b

thanks but the screen is fine, its the software that screwed it up, i dont know if your familiar with the program im talking about... http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/07/...tra-hacks.html
...but some of the defaults were set to "disable", so as soon as i soft reset the effects took place. i think the problem is not sensitivity because the "finger pressure" is 3000 and "pressure threshold" is 50, but under "power management" in this "advanced config":
sd memory
asyncmac1
irsir1
pptp1
l2tp1
...are all disabled (i can view but not change settings cause i cannot input information via tapping) so i have to do it through CeRegistryEditor.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:56 PM
oyzerskiy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So has anyone found a solution to this? It seems to be just freezing up on the messaging part. But here is the weird part, if you plug it in to charge, it seems to instantly fix the freezing?!?!

This only started happening after the upgrade to the new ROM (I have the official ROM). the only modifications that I have made are the sMMS and the HHC.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

joscha is a n00b

The same thing happened to me when I used acvanced config to turn on animate windows and animate menus.

Since I did them both at once, I don't know what one caused the issue (although for some reason I suspect animated windows.)

A hard reset fixed it, but it took me a couple hours to put all my aps back on and add my contacts. Otherwise I'm fine.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

noisehr is a n00b

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. I hadn't installed any new apps or changed any settings, it just started happening. I had to hard reset since I was on vacation and I needed my phone. Things are back to normal for me now.. just a hassle I suppose.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
oyzerskiy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So what applications are you guys running that you have noticed that causes a problem with this freezing? Or is this specific to the ROM and something is busted in it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue