PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

brand is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device Info> Current username an Email address?

Hello all,

Taking a look around my phone, I came across the "Current Username" on the Device Info screen apperas to be an Email address (@sprintpcs.com). When I send an email to that address I don't receive an NDR (non-delivery receipt) back.

Is this an Email address? If so, how do I gain access?

Thanks!

Matt
Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor
Re: Device Info> Current username an Email address?

that is an email addy that sprint assigned to you it is your vission user name also you can access it through sprint.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Coal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand View Post
Hello all,

Taking a look around my phone, I came across the "Current Username" on the Device Info screen apperas to be an Email address (@sprintpcs.com). When I send an email to that address I don't receive an NDR (non-delivery receipt) back.

Is this an Email address? If so, how do I gain access?

Thanks!

Matt
You can try to mess with it online through Sprint.com but I suggest just not messing with it since you want it to actually be an email. Only Tier2 tech support can assist you with this since they have the power to change/create/modify your @sprintpcs.com email.

I called them up and told them I wanted an email @sprintpcs.com, he agreed the account it shows under power vision is not actually an email but just a username the system used so he asked me what account name I wanted, he typed it in and wham. I had a new email account that was not even tied to an account.

At the time I had a data card but it doesnt make a difference. Just call sprint tech support, tell them you need to talk to tier2 about editing/changing your sprintpcs email and they will usually transfer you without any questions.

Its like if they have to rebuild your powervision profile you will see like yourname1@sprintpcs.com where it was yourname@sprintpcs.com. This isnt your email just an id for the system. Tier 2 can set you up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

^ Agreed

The email address is simply your login for your data connection, provided by Sprint for their usage only. They are currently utilizing a RADIUS server that checks the username (email@sprintpcs.com) and password to ensure that your account is allowed to access the Internet per your data agreement.

It is the same methodology used for Internet access from a home or office via dial-up or DSL. The only real difference is that the email address from Sprint is used internally and not for our use, where the email address for dial-up/DSL is also an email address that you can utilize.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch CDMA
Threadstarter

brand is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
^ Agreed

The email address is simply your login for your data connection, provided by Sprint for their usage only. They are currently utilizing a RADIUS server that checks the username (email@sprintpcs.com) and password to ensure that your account is allowed to access the Internet per your data agreement.

It is the same methodology used for Internet access from a home or office via dial-up or DSL. The only real difference is that the email address from Sprint is used internally and not for our use, where the email address for dial-up/DSL is also an email address that you can utilize.
Interesting. RADIUS ey? I still don't get an NDR when i send email to that address... which leads me to believe the message is accepted by a server.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor

the reason you don't get a ndr is because it is an actual usable email address you access it by logging into your sprint.com account and on the account overview page look for the my online tools link it's highlighted in the pic below that link will take you to a new page look for pcs mail that's where you'll find it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (25.4 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue