PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ffyter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newest Sprint Rom and No Need To Use Primer for GPS!

I am using the newest sprint gps rom. I have BAFS GPS Toggle. As long as I toggle GPS on before I use Tomtom 7 Or IGO8 I do not need GPS Viewer or GPS Gate. This is awesome. I would always toggle gps on and then use one of the gps viewers as a primer which is now not necessary. Anyone else notice this?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Newest Sprint Rom and No Need To Use Primer for GPS!

If you have to toggle GPS on before using a GPS app like TomTom or IGO, wouldn't that be the same as priming?

Can you just use Tom Tom 7 without doing anything GPS related first?

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ffyter is becoming a great contributor

No, I have to toggle gps on. I guess it is similar to priming with the viewers but just less hassle on or off instead of opening an app and letting it run in the background while you open your gps software. It is a today screen plug in and tomtom is right there on my today as well. I push on and then push tomtom.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffyter View Post
No, I have to toggle gps on. I guess it is similar to priming with the viewers but just less hassle on or off instead of opening an app and letting it run in the background while you open your gps software. It is a today screen plug in and tomtom is right there on my today as well. I push on and then push tomtom.
That's priming. Only in my PERSONAL version of my Vista ROM can TomTom7 be launched without a primer.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:40 PM
VIP Member

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
That's priming. Only in my PERSONAL version of my Vista ROM can TomTom7 be launched without a primer.
Runs with astrolauncher i assume?

I am itching to try one of your Roms, i am waiting for all of the bugs to get worked out...i been watching the thread closely

-s
Old 07-19-2008, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
Runs with astrolauncher i assume?

I am itching to try one of your Roms, i am waiting for all of the bugs to get worked out...i been watching the thread closely

-s
FULLY integrated. It's like astro isn't even there.

Well there really aren't any more bugs. 99% of the people using my ROM have absolutely no complaints. There are only a few people complaining about lag. which I can't seem to replicate on my end.

Last edited by DHarvey; 07-19-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:21 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I haven't had to prime my gps since radio 3.37.10...I get gps when I want it, and with the 3.42.30 radio, I get good quick locks even indoors.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I haven't had to prime my gps since radio 3.37.10...I get gps when I want it, and with the 3.42.30 radio, I get good quick locks even indoors.
What GPS apps are you using? With TomTom, I haven't found a release yet that works without "priming".

Live, Google, and sprint nav all work without priming first tho.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

AceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never did have to "prime" ...

Google maps always got gps locks eventually, without using any other programs before/with it. Some radios the locks were faster than others, and now theyre pretty fast.

HOW TO integrate all your custom settings and registry tweaks into a ROM..the EASY way!
Old 07-20-2008, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

I think we all seem to have different ideas of what priming is.

If you have to run Google Maps, GPS Gate, Astrolauncher, Live Search, etc...then you are priming your GPS. Certain Apps run without priming (Garmin XT, Copilot Live, Sprint Nav, and a few others).

But, in order to run Tom Tom, Inav, etc, you must prime your GPS first, meaning another app will open the GPS port.

The good news is that with a lot of the priming apps, you can make it so that the whole priming process is transparent. This means that you run the priming app and the GPS app simultaneously and the GPS app will seamlessly pick up your current location with no other user interaction.

This is a common way to use Astrolauncher (priming app) with TomTom (GPS app)

I use this method myself and it works flawlessly.

-s
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue