PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BeauGM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Navigation ERROR "phone model invalid"

Please don't go crazy if someone has already posted this but I did try a search first.

I updated using the leaked Sprint ROM. Everything works great except for the Sprint Navigation program. I have regularly used Google Maps and Live Search. I have called Sprint 3 times to verify navigation is added to my account. Everytime I lauch the program it prompts me to pay monthly or daily. Then I go through that like I am going to add it (because it is already added to my account), then I get a PIE window with a "get.telenav.com" url and a message that states "Your phone model is invalid." The funny thing is that the 2 day trial worked perfectly before it expired.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Re: Sprint Navigation ERROR "phone model invalid"

Unzip this file and install the cab on your phone, it should overwrite the other installation and work fine.

[
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

give this a shot if the other one doesnt work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sprint-navigation-htc-mogulmr_21.zip (828.4 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BeauGM is a n00b

Thank you but I tried both with no luck so far. The first cab for the touch installed unsuccessfully because it wanted to remove the old program first and could not. The second one for the Mogul also installed unsuccesfully but did allow me to go to the telenav site on my phone to purchase with a credit card. I did not want to do that because I already have it on my sprint plan (I did re-verify that it is still there).

Is there already a thread on this somewhere? I can't believe that I am the only person that is having this problem? I read the first 10 pages of the main Sprint GPS thread and searched for "invalid model" with no results.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I have never had a problem with any of the CABs for telenav. And the versions that have been cooked into the roms i flashed all worked fine too. Did you try re-flashing the rom, then immediately doing another hard reset after it was done?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BeauGM is a n00b

I guess I will have to re-flash. I was avoiding it because when I originally updated, I flashed twice and did a hard reset. Now, I just got everything set back up and and dreading doing it all over again. I guess I was hoping for an easier solution and thought someone else had to have had the same problem. Lucky me.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Do you have any backup software? You should be able to restore a backup after the reset to bring all your settings and stuff back.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is the last telenav file i can find, other than that im all out of ideas lol
Attached Files
File Type: zip telenav-sn-htc-mogul.zip (1.48 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BeauGM is a n00b

I tried that last file, no dice. I used Spb Backup and reflashed, then hard reset twice, still no difference. Then I hard reset, skipped customizations and installed the sprint nav cab (first file in thread), still the same. What in the world?

If I wanted to try a customer ROM, which is closest to the leaked OEM that may allow the Sprint Navigation program to work?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Jyounya is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Jyounya Send a message via MSN to Jyounya Send a message via Yahoo to Jyounya

I am having the same problem...I have the sprint "everything" plan and Sprint Navigation is included. I called a rep today and she lied to me and said that I have to purchase the program then it will be free. Which I know it was a lie because i don't believe it would ask you if you want to purchase 24 hrs or 1 month. So I called back to get a second opinion, and the 2nd rep said it takes 24 hours for the Navigation program to work(because my evryt hing plan had just started 07/08/2008. He told me this @ 3:00pm EST 07/08/2009...So I will see if this works and let you know tomorrow...I doubt it will work though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue