PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nymogul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Sprint Navigation ERROR "phone model invalid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyounya View Post
I am having the same problem...I have the sprint "everything" plan and Sprint Navigation is included. I called a rep today and she lied to me and said that I have to purchase the program then it will be free. Which I know it was a lie because i don't believe it would ask you if you want to purchase 24 hrs or 1 month. So I called back to get a second opinion, and the 2nd rep said it takes 24 hours for the Navigation program to work(because my evryt hing plan had just started 07/08/2008. He told me this @ 3:00pm EST 07/08/2009...So I will see if this works and let you know tomorrow...I doubt it will work though.
I had the same problem with 6.1 OS. Lucky for me I got a rep who was willing to keep trying with me until it worked and didnt give me a lame excuse to get off the phone in 30 secs. I did a hard reset; skipped sprint installs and installed sprint navigation cab (not telenav) cab; and had the sprint rep remove and re-add the service to my plan and it worked. So it seems like there is some synchronization occurs between the time you launch it for the first time on your phone and sprint servers.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

grillman3k is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to grillman3k Send a message via MSN to grillman3k Send a message via Yahoo to grillman3k
Re: Sprint Navigation ERROR "phone model invalid"

I was having the same problem ..... but when try to install and after the unsuccesfully installation mesage i try again the one in the "leak"stock rom and work fine even faster just like the app was waiting form me to ck my position just 5 sec max. so try to install one and the other soft reset and ck
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Jyounya is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Jyounya Send a message via MSN to Jyounya Send a message via Yahoo to Jyounya

Finally got a rep that resolved my issue. (My problem was that the phone was activated prior to getting to me and the 1st user's telephone number was still associated with the telenav program, and it was not recognizing my account)...you Her instructions where...open internet explorer on your Mobile device and input this address in the address field:

http;//OTA.Telenav.com/OTA/SN/NAV

When you get to the download screen download the program again and it should overwrite the existing program...

After I put this code in...it worked like a charm
Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started

Hmmm...I entered the URL in exactly as you put it here (even corrected the ";" after "http" to a ":" for correct syntax) and got a blank page with "Error 404". ??

Quote:
Finally got a rep that resolved my issue. (My problem was that the phone was activated prior to getting to me and the 1st user's telephone number was still associated with the telenav program, and it was not recognizing my account)...you Her instructions where...open internet explorer on your Mobile device and input this address in the address field:

When you get to the download screen download the program again and it should overwrite the existing program...

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 07-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Lurker

msaitta is a n00b

Quote:

That works on the Mogul not the Touch. When you view the site on the Touch it says your phone isn't supported.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

BeauGM is a n00b

Today my Sprint Navigation started to work. I had tried it yesterday and it still wasn't working. I have made 3-4 calls to Sprint and the last rep told me that my phone had the leaked ROM so it isn't supported. I did nothing in the last few days to make it work, it just did for no reason. Ok, so I'm happy now but then I look at my Sprint bill and it has a $10 charge for "Sprint Telenav" and a separate $10 charge for "Garmin GPS." So, I call Sprint, once again, to get one of the charges credited. I am so sick of having to call Sprint repeatedly everytime ANYTHING changes on my account because they screw it up!!!

Oh, hell..... now the official ROM is out so I am gonna be going through this all again, boo!!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢

joe3789 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

You're in the wrong forum. This is for Vogue users. You have a Titan. Please check to make sure you are posting in the correct forum. People wasted time hoping you were providing a fix based on their phone model, not yours. Thanks for trying, though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue