PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6900

jesrush is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garmin Mobile Error: Data Type Misalignment?

So I upgraded my VzW touch to the new sprint "official" WM6.1 ROM and also tried OMJ's "clean" WM6.1 ROM. In both cases, I installed the latest version of garmin mobile (downloaded off garmin's website today).

Installation goes fine, but when I launch the app, I get the error:

"Data type misalignment at program address 0x03FA7884 in background thread NULL"

I googled this and found some other HTC owners who resolved this error by deleting all of their SMS/MMS messages. Tried that -- no luck.

Any ideas? Thx.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Garmin Mobile Error: Data Type Misalignment?

Found my own solution and wanted to share with anyone experiencing the same Garmin Mobile XT 'data type misalignment' error. Follow these steps exactly:

-Delete every MMS/SMS message on your system... inbox.. outbox... deleted items... everything.

-Remove any previous installs of Garmin Mobile XT from the 'Remove Programs' tool located in settings.

-Even after removing the app, it often leaves folders hanging around, so rename any previous installs of garmin on your phone (e.g. rename folder \Garmin to \Garmin_old)

-Pull out your SD card from your phone and insert into computer.

-Rename any previous installs of garmin on your SD card (e.g. rename SD\Garmin to SD\Garmin_old)

-Download the newest version of Garmin Mobile XT (version 42050w at the moment) to your computer.

-Install the new version *directly to your SD card*.

-Soft Reset Phone

-Insert SD card into phone and garmin should pop-up asking if you want to install it, choose yes and complete install.

-Done! If you run Mobile XT now it should actually launch.

-You may also want to copy all of the data folders within SD\Garmin_old over to the new SD\Garmin folder. Just don't overwrite the APPS and EULA folders... Copy only the other folders.

Hope that helps someone...

-j
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Lurker

vanydotk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrush View Post
Found my own solution and wanted to share with anyone experiencing the same Garmin Mobile XT 'data type misalignment' error. Follow these steps exactly:

-Delete every MMS/SMS message on your system... inbox.. outbox... deleted items... everything.

-Remove any previous installs of Garmin Mobile XT from the 'Remove Programs' tool located in settings.

-Even after removing the app, it often leaves folders hanging around, so rename any previous installs of garmin on your phone (e.g. rename folder \Garmin to \Garmin_old)

-Pull out your SD card from your phone and insert into computer.

-Rename any previous installs of garmin on your SD card (e.g. rename SD\Garmin to SD\Garmin_old)

-Download the newest version of Garmin Mobile XT (version 42050w at the moment) to your computer.

-Install the new version *directly to your SD card*.

-Soft Reset Phone

-Insert SD card into phone and garmin should pop-up asking if you want to install it, choose yes and complete install.

-Done! If you run Mobile XT now it should actually launch.

-You may also want to copy all of the data folders within SD\Garmin_old over to the new SD\Garmin folder. Just don't overwrite the APPS and EULA folders... Copy only the other folders.

Hope that helps someone...

-j
thanks this worked for me.. does anybody know what causes this? I tried to do a reinstall without deleteing all my text messages but that was a no-go so for anybody thinking about skipping that step, it won't work.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, Touch Pro (upgraded) vogue (upgraded)
Carrier: Sprint

maggyban is just getting started

Don't know what causes this. I was fortunate that my Garmin works just fine without any tweaks.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

pehshin is a n00b

Thank you very much.. I have spend almost 5 hours to try to make this work.. luckily saw your solution..

For people that have the same problem, please make sure you follow exactly the steps shown, don't try to skip any steps or swap the step order. Because in my first try, I actually uninstall Garmin XT 1st then only i delete all sms and instead of renaming those folders, I delete them. So the result is I've the same problem.. Then I try follow exactly the steps and it works!!

Thanks again..
Old 07-12-2008, 07:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Glad to hear its working for people! -j
Old 08-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Lurker

messymas is a n00b

Did not work for me!!
It used to work fine and after I reformated my HTC Diamond, it started giving me this error. I have a clean device now (even internal storage is formated) and no SMS/MMS/.. first program I instrall is Garmin XT yet this error pops ..

any clue what is causing it .. I've been strugling for 4-days now and no luck!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Lurker

messymas is a n00b

Just after few min of my last reply I did a final attempt and it worked!!!!
Steps I've done:
1-Since I had a clean formated device and still it didn't work, I thought why dont I recover my old SMS. I restored using Jeyo (I have over 1000 sms!!)
2-Renamed Garmin to Garmin_old
3-Reset device
4-Installed Garmin mobile XT latest
5-reset device
6-Installed when prompted

... and it worked .. I have no clue!!

Did anybody figure out why this happening??!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

integra08 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymas View Post
Did not work for me!!
It used to work fine and after I reformated my HTC Diamond, it started giving me this error. I have a clean device now (even internal storage is formated) and no SMS/MMS/.. first program I instrall is Garmin XT yet this error pops ..

any clue what is causing it .. I've been strugling for 4-days now and no luck!
when i updated my touch to 6.1 it obviously reformated the entire phone, then when i went to run some of the apps that were previously installed on my SD card they would not work and i was also getting some error messages. i discovered that for whatever reason the phone was recognizing the SD card as a completely different SD card than before and thus renamed it StorageCard2 meaning that the file paths for all the shortcuts were now incorrect. i am no whiz but the easiest way i found to remedy this was to re-install the apps to the card because for whatever reason i couldnt get the SD card to rename back to just StorageCard. hope that works for ya
Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

bossman74 is becoming a great contributor

As anyone having problems with Garmin Mobile XT updated to 4.20.50 ?

I use to run 4.10.xx and everything was peachy. But after the update, I have to soft reset before I start the program, I try to start twice in a row without reseting, it hangs...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue