PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rmarshll is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tethering

Does anyone know if it is faster tether with a Notebook using USB rather then Bluetooth?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 11:09 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: tethering

i would recommend just trying each way, see which works better for you
my favorite 'phone as modem' connection method is WMWifiRouter
Old 06-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

USB is much faster, up to 480Mbits/second versus Bluetooth 2.0 @ 3Mbits/second. I have used both and there is no comparison. I found that bluetooth is great only for synching and small file transfers.

ROM: DarkRoot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have a mac and thus use bt for simplicity sake, and i tether damn near 24hrs a day downloading torrents, streaming pandora, and constantly refreshing ppcgeeks, and myspace and i am quit satisfied with my speed. and im not even Rev A yet.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
i would recommend just trying each way, see which works better for you
my favorite 'phone as modem' connection method is WMWifiRouter

Touch doesnt have WiFI though....
Old 06-25-2008, 11:46 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Touch doesnt have WiFI though....
oh sh*t i didnt even notice that the OP has a vogue... how did i get in this forum? lol
in that case, my bad, my second choice would be tethering via USB (internet sharing)
Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
oh sh*t i didnt even notice that the OP has a vogue... how did i get in this forum? lol
in that case, my bad, my second choice would be tethering via USB (internet sharing)

lol, it happens. Especially when i am at the home screen. i forget to check the section cause i know the answer. lol.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

rmarshll is just getting started

Thanks Everyone for all the Great Replies. I suspected that USB was faster then Bluetooth.. but I wasnt really sure..

Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:25 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

No wireless technology is faster than a cable. Even ur wireless network will never be as fast as the ethernet. here's the question. How fast does electricity travels? and how fast does sound travels? figure it out. Thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Tethering over bluetooth vs usb is the same as BT is still way faster than Rev A.

Now as for file transfers, that's a whole different thing altogether
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue