PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Warning to VZW xv9600 users using ghetto rom

If you go to 713 or 715 it kills your MMS, the only way to get it back is to go back to 700 (or Alltell in how-to post). I've tried going to 713/715 with and without customization and either way MMS dies (disappears, not even listed under messaging). Stay clear of thsoe two releases until it is addressed.

Edit: Opps on the subject, i meant 6900

Updated: Ghetto's roms are awesome, I love them and plan to continue to use them as after trying a few others I think they have the best group of apps. However as a caution to Verizon users who want to continue to use MMS do not upgrade to 713 or 715 as it will no longer work. So until someone beats his 700 or he relases a new one with MMS for Verizon I'll stick with 700. Of course this is just the opinion of someone who has been at this a week so take it with a grain of salt and nothing I said should be taken personally as I would never insult the work of someone else which I am incapable of doing myself.

Thanks to all the rom makers on this forum for making my life easy! Maybe one day I'll figure it out for myself.

Last edited by rolandroland; 06-25-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: Warning to VZW xv9600 users using ghetto rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
If you go to 713 or 715 it kills your MMS, the only way to get it back is to go back to 700 (or Alltell in how-to post). I've tried going to 713/715 with and without customization and either way MMS dies (disappears, not even listed under messaging). Stay clear of thsoe two releases until it is addressed.

Edit: Opps on the subject, i meant 6900
So I assume your MMS works now?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

MMS doesnt show in those roms because the Arcsoft program has been removed. That is why MMS does not work. It doesnt KILL anything, its just that the feature has been removed. Please get your information right before slamming a rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
MMS doesnt show in those roms because the Arcsoft program has been removed. That is why MMS does not work. It doesnt KILL anything, its just that the feature has been removed. Please get your information right before slamming a rom.
agreed .. don't slam roms.. and i hate all these dumb topics being made. learn the facts .. u can install mms on any rom out there even the sprint roms with certain editing.... please delete this thread
Old 06-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

OK, first I would like to appologize if anyone's feelings got hurt.

Second is there are 2 kind of users on this board primarily, those who can make roms and those who can't, I fall into that latter as I have been at this for less than a week now.

For other Verizon people who ready Ghetto's upgrade description and didn't realize MMS would be removed (as I put it in my description of dies) they might get frustrated like me and spend hours upon hours thinking they di dsomething wrong when in fact they didn't, there was a change in the ROM. Which this phone being new to Verizon and therefor potentially new peopel trying this out like myself I felt it was a good warning. So I will update my original post to reflect this.

Deleting this post would be a diservice to Verizon users and only wouldn't help anyone. I assume once Ghett seeing this was a misunderstanding he would agree and I doubt his ego is that sensitive over some noob forum poster.

Last edited by rolandroland; 06-25-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: Warning to VZW xv9600 users using ghetto rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
So I assume your MMS works now?
Yes it is fixed. I just need to stick with 700 or someone else's rom.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work

i guess i should have said to move this instead of delete.. just seems to make common sense to post something about a certain rom.. in the actual rom thread.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no prob man, Didnt mean to come in too harsh with that one, just a little pissed off today. Ill try add an oem to my kitchen atleast
Old 06-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No problem, I could have worded my original post better as well.

Thanks again for clearing it up.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue