PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

armus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Sprint rom on Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrt Bus View Post
I ran this tonight .. and it did nothing didnt update the PRI at all. Its a cab file as well. Really weird!

Any ideas??

Does the PRL and PRI have to be both same say from Alltel? or can the PRL be from Sprint and PRI from Alltel?

I have terrible cell reception in my office..so I was hoping the PPST ALLTEL would fix it or atleast help with it.

Thanks!

Rick
the PRL is what determines the cell towers you use, best I can figure. so using the alltel ones may not be good for you if a dominant sprint area and ssuch. of course you could also face roaming charges otherwise. There's a thread around here about folks forcing roaming to work off different towers. you may try using different ones but watch your roaming indicator. it seems best to use the PRI from alltel but im not too familiar with it.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Little Abner is a n00b

Have you tried over the air programming for updated PRL's and MDN/MIN/SID programmng? If not dial *228 and follow the prompts. I am not sure what the PRI does, but if your PRL not Alltel, you will get roaming charges if the phone is pulling from towers outside of their agreement. Alltel does have roaming agreements with VZ and Sprint, so that may not be a big issue, but there is a chance of it.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

alltel plans have nation wide roaming but good idea, ill try it when i reinstall 2.03 again... i had to go back to 2.01 because i need a stable fully working phone right now :S

Old 07-03-2008, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

armus is becoming a great contributor

where is 2.03 btw? I installed the official alltel rom (2.01) switched to the new sprint rom (stayed 2.01) and have OMJ3.03 loaded now (still on 2.01)

I was getting a gps lock fairly quickly on the "official" sprint rom but ever since loading OMJ3.03 no dice.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by armus View Post
where is 2.03 btw? I installed the official alltel rom (2.01) switched to the new sprint rom (stayed 2.01) and have OMJ3.03 loaded now (still on 2.01)

I was getting a gps lock fairly quickly on the "official" sprint rom but ever since loading OMJ3.03 no dice.
If you load the new official/unofficial sprint rom and let the customizations run you will get the new PRI. Which will screw up your internet. I still don't have internet on my Alltel Touch and I got my PRI back the the Alltel 2.01_011.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Shrt Bus is a n00b

I had the 2.03_033 PRI and I had the internet just fine. I DID NOT run the customizations tho.

I got the Alltel PRI updated yesterday, with the Alltel PPST file.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I had the 2.03_033 PRI and I had the internet just fine. I DID NOT run the customizations tho.

I got the Alltel PRI updated yesterday, with the Alltel PPST file.
How did you get to 2.0_033? Did you run the Sprint PPST file?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Shrt Bus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
How did you get to 2.0_033? Did you run the Sprint PPST file?
I installed the leaked Sprint rom (3.42xx radio).. soft rebooted before customization..then flashed OMJ's newest rom.

Rick
Old 07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I installed the leaked Sprint rom (3.42xx radio).. soft rebooted before customization..then flashed OMJ's newest rom.

Rick
Would you mind typing in the settings you have in your "Default MIP Profile"? I want to see what setting is preventing me from connecting to the internet...
Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

I am an Alltel user. I flashed the sprint rom and rebooted before customizations then flashed 5067 from the PPCkitchen. then I soft reset, load all my programs. then dial *228 and press 3 then dial *228 press 2. I have done this with each radio upgrade and everything seems to be working fine. I use astroGPS launcher with franson GPS gate and Inav and get locks almost instantly and livesearch and google maps use the intermediate driver and get locks within a minute or so.

System info says radio 3.42.02, PRI 2.01_011

I am on a local focus plan so I only use voice and wifi and I shut off data. I don't know any of the info that you all are referring to or even what PRI means, so wouls someone please explain or point me to pertinent threads so i will be educated on this and maybe improve my voice coverage? Thanks!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue