PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

agent0014 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to agent0014 Send a message via Yahoo to agent0014
Unhappy Nothing but static on incoming calls?

So when I first discovered PPC Geeks a few weeks ago it was because whenever I'd receive an incoming call, my phone would play nothing but a quiet static, instead of whatever ringtone I had selected. Not finding a solution to that, I saw that there was leaked software available with GPS ability, so I figured I'd give that a go, thinking it would take care of any windows ringtone issues at the same time.

A few weeks later I'm running the sprint leaked radio and a rev A ROM, not even thinking about the problem I initally had with my Touch. Much to my suprise this morning, I receive a call, and discover that my incoming calls are playing static again... very fustrating. For the record, ringtones play fine in the ringer options screen, but when I receive an actual call, all I hear is a low hiss from the external speaker.

For the record, I'm running (not that I think it matters, since this is the same problem I had with the original setup...):

Rev A/GPS
3.35.15 Radio
Ghettofreeryder's latest ROM

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to fix this, or possibly prevent it in the future. Thank you!

agent0014
Old 06-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Nothing but static on incoming calls?

Have you tried a soft reset?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

agent0014 is a n00b

I definitely have, as well as changing up ringtones. No luck so far in seeing it go away again.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What about text message tones, are those affected as well?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

agent0014 is a n00b

No, as far as I can tell, the only thing that's affected are incoming call ringtones. The first one happened after I switched to a modified MP3 that I made from a full song, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it. This one also began after I switched ringtones, but I haven't installed any new ones, only swiched between two default ones. I'm not sure if that helps. I'm rather tech-savvy, but this has me rather baffled... I figured it had to be software related, but now that it's happened across two ROMs, I'm not so sure.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned User

Yeah, you got me. Sorry...
Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

agent0014 is a n00b

Ack! I was afraid of that... maybe I'll wait it out until Sprint releases the new software and then bring everything back to "upgraded" OEM, see if it does it again and maybe get it traded in. This is killing me though, I can't see how it would be a hardware problem or even just specific to my phone.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Banned User

Since you already flashed, may want to try this Rom. Its a stock sprint that just came out early this am...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30155
Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

agent0014 is a n00b

Fixed the problem, of course... now I'm just afraid to change the ringer... ever!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

agent0014 is a n00b

So after being on the latest sprint ROM for two weeks and never even touching the ringer (save for volume adjustments) this started happening again. Just as before, I can test ringers, other notification sounds (texts, appointment reminders, alarms) sound just fine... it's only when I receive an actual call--I hear low levels of static when I put the speaker to my ear, and nothing else. I can't be the only person to ever experience this lol... I think I'm going to have to try to bring the phone back to stock (scary since I'm on WM 6.1 with the new radio now) and take it in for service... unless anyone has any sort of idea why this would happen?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue