PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about my HTC Touch

i know i have windows mobile 6 professional / windows office mobile pro. i keep hearing on here about a 6.1 update ? is this coming out for my phone or do i already have this version ? btw the my touch is from sprint.

Last edited by fixxxer2012; 06-24-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Cadillax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: question about my HTC Touch

This is my first post but,

You need to flash your phone and get a ROM from the site that has Windows Mobile 6.1.

I asked a great member from the boards, NFSFAN, for help and he was very helpful! Give him a holler maybe!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for the reply, i signed up at htc website for any updates if needed. i don't want a pre-release or custom rom right now. ill wait for an official update to come out. i was just wondering if it was available yet for my phone ?
Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, potential Blackberry World edition user
Carrier: Alltel provides the minutes, but PpcGeeks is my service...

Flakmunkey is keeping up the good workFlakmunkey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Flakmunkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillax View Post
This is my first post but,

You need to flash your phone and get a ROM from the site that has Windows Mobile 6.1.

I asked a great member from the boards, NFSFAN, for help and he was very helpful! Give him a holler maybe!
Yea I agree entirley... use this link to get the ROM, but flash your phone and make a back up of important stuff like contacts, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/6-1/default.mspx
Old 06-24-2008, 05:51 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedone View Post
Yea I agree entirley... use this link to get the ROM, but flash your phone and make a back up of important stuff like contacts, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/6-1/default.mspx

okay i see its available for my touch, but where do you download it on that page ? also you say backup and flash my rom ? how do you do that ? im sorta new to this. also will i loose all of my customizations i did ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I highly reccommend OMJ's custom ROM. He also provides foolproof instructions on how to flash.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25335
Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
okay i see its available for my touch, but where do you download it on that page ? also you say backup and flash my rom ? how do you do that ? im sorta new to this. also will i loose all of my customizations i did ?

As to the flashing part, Im still a junior member, I cant remeber how to do that. But backup your data on your PC... Your touch shouldve come with a disk to download that will allow you to sync your device through Activesync. I suggest backing up all your contacts, files, and any program tat you dont want to hunt for again. You will lose all your customizations, but its nothing but a thing to get them back again... And Im pretty sure the 6.1 is called Silverlight, so click the link on there with the Microsoft Silverlight on it. Hoped this helps. And remeber, anytime you find something useful, always thank the member that assisted you
Old 06-24-2008, 06:12 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedone View Post
As to the flashing part, Im still a junior member, I cant remeber how to do that. But backup your data on your PC... Your touch shouldve come with a disk to download that will allow you to sync your device through Activesync. I suggest backing up all your contacts, files, and any program tat you dont want to hunt for again. You will lose all your customizations, but its nothing but a thing to get them back again... And Im pretty sure the 6.1 is called Silverlight, so click the link on there with the Microsoft Silverlight on it. Hoped this helps. And remeber, anytime you find something useful, always thank the member that assisted you

thanks, but 6.1 isn't silverlight. silverlight is a plugin for windows on a pc. ive read windows mobile 6.1 is not officially released as of yet. so i guess ill have to wait unless i decide to install a pre-release. not too sure if im willing to loose all of my customizations, it took me 2 days to it.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
thanks, but 6.1 isn't silverlight. silverlight is a plugin for windows on a pc. ive read windows mobile 6.1 is not officially released as of yet. so i guess ill have to wait unless i decide to install a pre-release. not too sure if im willing to loose all of my customizations, it took me 2 days to it.

hmmm thats my bad then... Im pretty sure Ive seen something about 6.1 being out already, but I also just got back from a training venture out of state lol
ANyways, my bad on the mislead
Old 06-24-2008, 06:29 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

no problems man, i just wondered if it was "officially" released yet, guess not. i really don't want to flash / install a custom rom as i have more phone set the way i like it. plus ive read if you don't know what your doing you can brick your device.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue