PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BlindRacer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Plans with the touch

For you guys with the Touch on Verizon, what data plan do you have?
I've been told a few different things by all the reps at the stores and I don't know what is correct. I've been told that it's 30 dollars and 45 dollars for the cheapest data plan.

I currently am on America's Choice family plan with my wife, and was told that I can just add on the data plan to that. I've also been told that I have to have Nationwide family plan, then I can add the data plan on.

These reps are telling me such different things, I was hoping that some of you could clear up my confusion. Thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b
Re: Plans with the touch

bump. Someone who has Verizon with this phone, please tell me what plan you have.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

Call verizon tell them you're interested in adding data to your phone.

Let them explain to you what data plan you need, get the price. Tell them you want to think about it and you want to know what the code is so that you can ask for it later.

If you keep getting different codes and different prices I guess its just a matter of choosing the cheapest one
Old 06-23-2008, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

I'll do that, but in the mean time, how much is your plan? And is it a current plan?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Money-theiving VZW

xd1936 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to xd1936

Well, there's a $30 unlimited without push email, BUT it's only for certain phones NOT for the Vogue. Only MotoQ, um... and the 6800, I think.

Otherwise, $45 a month for Unlimited
$20, 5MB limit
Pay as you go $0.015/KB

Old 06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

there's a 20 dollar plan that's a 5 mb limit? I've searched the verizon site and asked probably 4 different reps now, and I've never been told about this.

If I were to use the internet only a little, use the weather, and use MMS messaging, how fast would this 5 mb go?

I also have a 5 dollar sms and mms messaging plan from a long time ago. If I send/recieve mms, would this count against the 5 mb's of data, or just against my sms/mms plan?

Last edited by BlindRacer; 06-23-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700

Speed_419 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindRacer View Post
there's a 20 dollar plan that's a 5 mb limit? I've searched the verizon site and asked probably 4 different reps now, and I've never been told about this.

If I were to use the internet only a little, use the weather, and use MMS messaging, how fast would this 5 mb go?

I also have a 5 dollar sms and mms messaging plan from a long time ago. If I send/recieve mms, would this count against the 5 mb's of data, or just against my sms/mms plan?

OK, here is the entire scoop. Anyone else reading check the date to make sure it is accurate.
Verizon has data that is unlimited that works out to be around $40/line/mth. They also have a $25 plan that gives you what I thought was 10mb, not 5, or you could pay as you go. If I were you, to play it safe for the first month or two, get the unlimited package to see how much you use it. Much better to buy $15 worth of insurance then to get a $100 overage charge for data.

Secondly, I would call customer care, or find a Direct Store (usually a service center) to get the information that you want.

**DO NOT use an agent of Verizon.

First of all, they aren't able to give you the Verizon discount for the new every two program, they only give you promotional pricing. At a direct store, you get the promotional pricing, plus the additional discount of $50 or $100 depending on which plan you are currently on. Not only that, but they also only do phones, they don't also sell radios, or TV's, etc..

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thay gave me #2 of the unlimited that would be $90.00 a month for just door #1 ($20.00 a month) .... T M Z
Old 06-23-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Great idea on getting the unlimited first, but how hard is it to switch from the unlimited to the 25 dollar plan? Would they hassle me about it, or try to say I can't?

Also, where are these plans on their website? I'd like to read about them if possible.

I was so reluctant to get this phone, dreading the 45 dollars a month. Thanks for the info.

Again, could I get a link or something for where this information is? Thanks so much.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto a855 droid / htc touch(xv6900)
Carrier: vzw

Stevea361 is a n00b

I was told that In order to get my advanced device discount (100 smackers) I had to sign up for the 45 dollar unlimited plan for the first month. The verizon csr told me that after one month if I didn't use email that I could drop to a 30 dollar plan for unlimited no email -- no biggy here -- I don't push email anyway. SO after my first month i am going to switch down. Oh btw I also have the family plan america's choice with four other phones added on.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue