PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

DiaperGravy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I see a lot of cube customizers, but is there a way to REMOVE the cube all together?

I'm planning on using the stripped down JD wm6.1 rom anyways, but I'm wanting to wait about a week or so before doing that as I have a greater then usual dependance on the phone untill then. I havent had this phone for but a couple weeks too, so despite not wanting to flash it yet, I'm still in the playing and tweaking around mode since it is still new to me.

Anyways, I dont use the cube at all. I have voice + data + text but none of the sprint tv and junk like that, nor will I ever use any form of the sprint shopping stuff, or use it as an mp3 player. I also use the regular contact list vs the speed dial buttons on one of the cube faces. Really, about the only 2 buttons I would ever use is the comm manager and internet button....which I can stick on a customized today screen in place of the sprint shortcuts there I think. Everything else I go through the regular windows start bar. That said, I'm sure the cube eats up some resources just being there available, so I would like to get rid of it all together. Is this possible? Or am I SOL untill I flash custom rom since it is part of the factory rom?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: I see a lot of cube customizers, but is there a way to REMOVE the cube all togeth

there is a registry edit to do this i know i saw it earlier today. i can go cab it up that way all you have to do is install it but it wont be tested as i use my cube.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DiaperGravy is a n00b
Re: I see a lot of cube customizers, but is there a way to REMOVE the cube all togeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
there is a registry edit to do this i know i saw it earlier today. i can go cab it up that way all you have to do is install it but it wont be tested as i use my cube.
That would be great if it's a pretty cut and dry thing. If there is some discussion over it like being at all buggy for some people and the like, just a link to where you saw it would be great so I could investigate weather or not I want to go through with it. If that is the case, I'll do the manual edits.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Livin' Dangerously

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

its just a simple change of the number and i make it installable you can uninstall if you like and everything will go back to normal.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DiaperGravy is a n00b

Quote:
its just a simple change of the number and i make it installable you can uninstall if you like and everything will go back to normal.

oh ok, one of those...just the registry string would be perfect if you have it handy then. You dont need to package it up into a cab or anything.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Livin' Dangerously

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperGravy View Post
oh ok, one of those...just the registry string would be perfect if you have it handy then. You dont need to package it up into a cab or anything.
it took me like 30 seconds just to package it up so it was really no problem i have a tutorial writtin in the registry tweaks topic. so here is your registry edit. just install wait one minute use a program to soft reset (which is preferred because these are known not to work if you dont have one) after you soft reset it should take affect let me know if you dont have a program to do that i will provide you with a program to do so which is very light on memory and remember to install to device memory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Disable Cube.zip (906 Bytes, 25 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DiaperGravy is a n00b

Quote:
it took me like 30 seconds just to package it up so it was really no problem i have a tutorial writtin in the registry tweaks topic. so here is your registry edit. just install wait one minute use a program to soft reset (which is preferred because these are known not to work if you dont have one) after you soft reset it should take affect let me know if you dont have a program to do that i will provide you with a program to do so which is very light on memory and remember to install to device memory.

thanks. appreciate that. I dont have anything to soft reset via software. The normal poking the reset button with the stylus soft reset wont work for it?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Livin' Dangerously

its been known not to work very well just install this and use it to reset and all should be good. its quick easy and painless.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PHM_Reset.zip (4.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DiaperGravy is a n00b

Thanks! both worked. I guess changes were actually made after the rest maybe on that one. Installed cab, software soft reset, as soon as everything came back up I gave it the flick and the cube was still there. restarted the phone again, now it's gone.

Now on to the next little project.... changing the music, live search, and sprint tv icons on the sprint plugin of the today screen to more usefull ones like Opera, Aim, and maybe comm manager. I've already done some tweaking to the today page via HTC Home customizer a few days ago, but still gotta find something to edit those sprint icons/links.

edit----and cube def freed up some memory as well. Just checked the memory app and noticed it is over 70mb free now. First time I have noticed it that high. Usually it's high 60's with nothing running.

Last edited by DiaperGravy; 06-21-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperGravy View Post
Now on to the next little project.... changing the music, live search, and sprint tv icons on the sprint plugin of the today screen to more usefull ones like Opera, Aim, and maybe comm manager. I've already done some tweaking to the today page via HTC Home customizer a few days ago, but still gotta find something to edit those sprint icons/links.
I've been looking for something like that forever!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue