PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Performance - For Everyone's Sake!

Hi Everyone... I just replied to a thread and decided to post this!

*** PLEASE READ AND LETS TRY TO MAKE OUR TOYS PERFORM FASTER! ***

"I am no longer THAT concerned about the official rom. Roms here are great and stable, my only problems is the overall performance of the vogue. When we had the first alltel rom out it was much faster than sprint, and even with the leaked rom, the performance is still slow at least VERY stable. My only hope with the new rom is performance (even though I am not very hopeful), specially on for example, programs screen, as you move the screen up and down its so slow... Also when going from home screen to the phone screen or contacts or such, it takes such a long time... even after a clean install (compared to old roms)

I have been spending more of my time not trying to find out when the new rom will come, but actually trying to find out why the performance is so slow. I loved the performance and screen performance on the altell rom with GPS but it was too unstable for my sprint phone...

I almost feel like starting a thread and have people trying to find ways to improve performance, but my poor lack of skills does not help much... Anyone willing to help???"

COME ON! LETS DO IT GUYS!!! I will do what is possible for me to do, but I am not a technical skilled guy...
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Performance - For Everyone's Sake!

Steroids! WoooHooooo!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I'm needing some Connection-Roids/tweaks so I can max the download speeds on my device. Then maybee a set so I can max my upload speeds as well.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:17 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Im using Cokeman's 2.31 Unlocker, the Leaked Sprint ROM 3.02, and ran the PPST.exe fix. With this set up, my phone is very fast, and Im not experiencing any of the slow downs that you are. Programs screen and contacts scroll quickly for me....no hickups anywhere.

Have you checked to see if maybe an added program is the culprit of your slow downs? Maybe something that is always running in the backgound?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
Im using Cokeman's 2.31 Unlocker, the Leaked Sprint ROM 3.02, and ran the PPST.exe fix. With this set up, my phone is very fast, and Im not experiencing any of the slow downs that you are. Programs screen and contacts scroll quickly for me....no hickups anywhere.

Have you checked to see if maybe an added program is the culprit of your slow downs? Maybe something that is always running in the backgound?
Maybe I should be more specific... the graphics (or in this case the icons) seems to take some time to load. Less than seconds, but you cannot scroll without making the icons kind blankout... I will try to record and post it...
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
Maybe I should be more specific... the graphics (or in this case the icons) seems to take some time to load. Less than seconds, but you cannot scroll without making the icons kind blankout... I will try to record and post it...
I totally understand what you are saying.

My touch, nor my wife's (with the same setup) have that problem at all. It scrolls very quickly and seamlessly with absolutely no time at all for the icons to load, and absolutely no "blankouts" at all.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

switch with your wife's... jk...

same rom too? all the same? thats weird....
Old 06-12-2008, 02:31 PM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
switch with your wife's... jk...

same rom too? all the same? thats weird....
lol....no, what Im saying is, we both have the exact same set up and we aren't experiencing the slow icon loading, scrolling, ect... that you are. I really think its either the ROM your using maybe? or too many programs running in the background? A specific program that is a severe resource hog? Who knows..... I hope you get that worked out. That would bother the heck out of me!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
lol....no, what Im saying is, we both have the exact same set up and we aren't experiencing the slow icon loading, scrolling, ect... that you are. I really think its either the ROM your using maybe? or too many programs running in the background? A specific program that is a severe resource hog? Who knows..... I hope you get that worked out. That would bother the heck out of me!

Thanks for the reply... I have tried different roms, including the 3.02 kitchen (even a very plain kitchen) and right after hard reseting the phone, I still get that... When I press the send button to go to the phone screen, its like its building it up, image by image, course it takes just a second, but this speed lag is bugging me...

DO you mind sharing your setup and rom... etc...?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My phone (w/ 3.0.2 leaked rom, spb mobile shell, none of the htc crap) is the fastest phone I've ever used.. -m
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue