PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond OS Ported to Vogue??

SprintTouch is right, I tried ported the SYS folder only and it got p***** the window mobile screen but the thing is everything is so huge because it was made for VGA.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i doubt youll see the diamond rom ported for our phones. Totally different resolution interfaces first of all so EVERY graphic will be off and huge. So someone woudl have to go through every single graphic in the ROM and edit them somehow. Then have proper 3d drivers and hardware specs. But the XIP is certainly not the ROM and contains nothing "Diamond" specific about it.
Nah, I have it. I have the full System and XIP. You just have to change 192 to 196. The only thing the diamond has that we can't is the OEM APPS. Check my Titan thread, or Dump the Diamond rom and see all of the OEM packages. The System really doesnt offer anything new, just another build number.

You have to remember Manilla just sits on top of windows.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
Nah, I have it. I have the full System and XIP. You just have to change 192 to 196. The only thing the diamond has that we can't is the OEM APPS. Check my Titan thread, or Dump the Diamond rom and see all of the OEM packages. The System really doesnt offer anything new, just another build number.

Agreed, doesn't anyone remember that Manilla was released as a cab file a some time ago and it ran retardedly slow on the touch due to the driver issues that it has.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=363500&page=6

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!

Last edited by slypher; 05-27-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post

When you say change 192 to 196, I assume you mean 96. Also, do you mean remaming the files/folders to 96 or keeping the dpi folders from a titan/vogue dump?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My fault, thanks for the correction. 192-196.

You can keep your dpi files from your device. The files you need don't even contain dpi settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Vetvito, I tried porting the SYS folders (except for .VM, WINCE, sys32 files) and my ROM never boots. Any advice?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Vetvito, I tried porting the SYS folders (except for .VM, WINCE, sys32 files) and my ROM never boots. Any advice?
yeah put that stuff back in thats the stuff you will need if you are not familiar with the sys folder only remove the obvious also make sure you have the .NLS folder in you SYS package or it will not boot
Old 05-28-2008, 12:20 AM
The Trend Setter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Also you can close this thread porting of the Diamond OS was so done alreadyago so this thread has become very pointless
Old 05-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

well i think the OP meant take the WHOLE OS and stick it on the touch exactly how it is on the Diamond, and that just isnt happening

And ive seen that the SYS was exported to current ROMs, but it doesnt offer anything new to the party other than some Diamond OEM's which half of them dont work and the other half are usually cabbed up on xda within a day or 2 anyways and can be installed into whatever you currently run.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:48 PM
The Trend Setter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
well i think the OP meant take the WHOLE OS and stick it on the touch exactly how it is on the Diamond, and that just isnt happening

And ive seen that the SYS was exported to current ROMs, but it doesnt offer anything new to the party other than some Diamond OEM's which half of them dont work and the other half are usually cabbed up on xda within a day or 2 anyways and can be installed into whatever you currently run.
which is why the thread should be closed the diamond os was never gonna give anything new other then a new build number .......
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue