PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900

cellboy42 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon XV 6900 - Who's Flashed?

Looking for a little help:

Ok so I read through just about every post concerning flashing my 6900.

Sadly it was after I began the process....my fault.

Here is where I am at and looking for support.

Phone calls work, text, mms, gps and the OS are all are stable.

I am not able to connect to the EVDO network. 1X is connecting fine.

I called and generated an A-key and was able to type it into the EPST menu. What I am looking for are the actual data settings for the EPST menu.

Unless you guys know that there is no hope for accessing the EVDO network.

I started with the Sprint rom . I did let customs run half way then reset. Had roaming and data issues. Eventually flashed back the unlocker and lower sprint rom. Then reflashed using the proper steps to the current roms. Everything else works but I thing I screwed my radio. EVDO is trying to access Vision services (Sprint Data) instead of Verizon.

Is this a settings issue, or did I screw my radio forever? I don't mind using 1x. I just hope that the Verizon ROM comes out very soon.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Lurker

Jerkules is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellboy42 View Post
I just hope that the Verizon ROM comes out very soon.
I haven't seen or read anything related to an official 6.1 ROM from Verizon. Or any intention to for that matter. Think that we are screwed when it comes to that for the 6900?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch and xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

FingazFone is a n00b

so...... i upgraded to the new rom....

started with the upgraded sprint rom. Had to get the phone reauthenticated. told VZW i had to hard reset and they didn't even care.

tried to load two different cooked rom but they didn't work... had to load the sprint rom up again. Unfortunately, the second time i loaded the sprint rom, i let the customizations go through by accident. and i think that is why the problem in the next paragraph came from.

finally i tried to load dharvey's black vista rom and it worked like a charm except that it now says that I am on a "Preferred Network"

I am in the process of correcting that, however, if anyone has a solution, please let me know.

I think when i let the customizations run, it put me on the spring network. so i believe itsome file or setting is not allowing me to connect. I will say though that I was able to connect to the internet after the first time i upgraded the rom. Rev-A speeds were insanely fast. pages loaded what seemed like almost instantly compared to the original rom.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkules View Post
I haven't seen or read anything related to an official 6.1 ROM from Verizon. Or any intention to for that matter. Think that we are screwed when it comes to that for the 6900?
Asked Verizon customer service and this is what they had to say...

"Verizon Wireless is committed to providing the very latest in products and services. At this time, we are unable to state if or when Windows Mobile 6.1 will be offered for your PDA. We understand and apologize for any frustration regarding this but we are only able to provide information regarding products or services that we are currently offering. We are unable to disclose any unconfirmed information because it would be subject to change and could raise expectations that may not be met. Usually if there is an approved update from the manufacturer they will send it to us and we have to test it on our end first to ensure the update has no flaws. We recently just released the 6.1 update for our Samsung I760. I am most certain it will get released but we just cannot say when?"
Old 08-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Lurker

Jerkules is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
Asked Verizon customer service and this is what they had to say...

"Verizon Wireless is committed to providing the very latest in products and services. At this time, we are unable to state if or when Windows Mobile 6.1 will be offered for your PDA. We understand and apologize for any frustration regarding this but we are only able to provide information regarding products or services that we are currently offering. We are unable to disclose any unconfirmed information because it would be subject to change and could raise expectations that may not be met. Usually if there is an approved update from the manufacturer they will send it to us and we have to test it on our end first to ensure the update has no flaws. We recently just released the 6.1 update for our Samsung I760. I am most certain it will get released but we just cannot say when?"
Interesting...that was from the CSR by email or over the phone? Just curious.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbmorris51 is a n00b

I unlocked my Verizon XV 6900 using Cokes unlocker. That was uneventful. I then installed the released Sprint ROM and did not allow customizations. When I did the reset prior to customizations, that is when the trouble started. The phone would not even get to the point where you align the screen. Took the battery out for a few seconds and tried again. Same result.

I found that I could get back to the three color screen in Cokemans unlocker, and then loaded one of the custom ROM's. I forget which one now. That one would boot to the windows mobile splash screen and freeze.

Then I decided to put the stock Verizon ROM back. That worked, but it said that I had no radio (not true because I could access the internet). Then began the problem that after about ten seconds, the phone would go dark, and the only way to see the screen was to do a soft reset. Then if no activity on the phone for more than about ten seconds, dark again.

I gave up and took the phone to a Verizon store, and they gave me a new one, since mine was only a couple of weeks old.

I would suggest holding off on any upgrade unless you feel lucky.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX6900 (Touch)

Magicality is becoming a great contributor

Upgrading your phone has nothing to do with luck -- it has everything to do with following the steps necessary correctly.

In your case you let the SPRINT customizations run even though you are on VERIZON...there's warning signs not to do that all over the place. Even if you just once "started" to let them run it will mess up your phone a lot and take LOTS of small fixes to work correctly.

If you follow the instructions provided, for example in negaman's helpful post, all will be fine and you can have a XV6900 with GPS & REV-A without problems, just like the rest of us ^^
Old 08-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

yeah dude, youre not supposed to let the customizations run if you dont have a Sprint phone. The reason is because after you unlock with imcokemans unlocker you flash a specific rom to your phone, this rom happens to be a Sprint rom (no way around that) so if you dont have sprint you need to stop the phone from launching the "sprint Customizations" You can do this by (as explained clearly in the instructions, please next time read thoroughly before you do something like this) just pushing the reset pin hole when the 3 Second Sprint Customization Countdown starts. Then you follow the steps some more and you'll be able to flash a rom built for your specific carrier. You let those customizations run and you should be all set.

pay attention... read all directions thoroughly ... did your teacher ever give you a test and tell you to read all directions before answering any questions . The final direction tells you not to do the test at all... i remember half the class started the test.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Steve St.Laurent is becoming a great contributor

I followed Negamans instructions and was able to flash my phone no problem. Not sure whether I have Rev A or not for sure because when I do a ##778# Rev A isn't listed on the data parameters but I am getting good speed - 1300k/sec tethered over bluetooth. GPS is working great.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6850 (HTC Touch pro)

JWhipple is becoming a great contributor

I've spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get the Vogue Unlocker 2.31 to work on my XV6900 and absolutely can NOT get it to show anything other than 2.00 CoKe.

This is getting really frustrating... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've ensured that nothing is running other than Activesync on my PC and on the phone... It gets to the rainbow screen and shows CoKe 2.00... The app gets to the point where it tells me to disconnect and reconnect the phone, so I do it and press a key... nothing else seems to happen on the phone... Doesn't budge from 2.00 ..

Last edited by JWhipple; 08-26-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue