View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 11:23 AM
tbmorris51
Lurker

tbmorris51 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon XV 6900 - Who's Flashed?

I unlocked my Verizon XV 6900 using Cokes unlocker. That was uneventful. I then installed the released Sprint ROM and did not allow customizations. When I did the reset prior to customizations, that is when the trouble started. The phone would not even get to the point where you align the screen. Took the battery out for a few seconds and tried again. Same result.

I found that I could get back to the three color screen in Cokemans unlocker, and then loaded one of the custom ROM's. I forget which one now. That one would boot to the windows mobile splash screen and freeze.

Then I decided to put the stock Verizon ROM back. That worked, but it said that I had no radio (not true because I could access the internet). Then began the problem that after about ten seconds, the phone would go dark, and the only way to see the screen was to do a soft reset. Then if no activity on the phone for more than about ten seconds, dark again.

I gave up and took the phone to a Verizon store, and they gave me a new one, since mine was only a couple of weeks old.

I would suggest holding off on any upgrade unless you feel lucky.