PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: Verizon XV 6900 - Who's Flashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
Agreed I flashed to DHarvey's Black Vista (really slick) and used LiveSearch to travel from West TN to Gulf Shores, AL last week. Even in the areas where there was no data connection (down in MS), I could still see the GPS path and the directions were dead on!

Jeez... now I'm not sure again. DHarvey or OMJ... decisions... decisions...
I guess this will be one of those decisions that I'll make when I get to it. Of course I could take the whole freakin weekend and try both.

I've been reading myself to sleep every night for the last couple of weeks trying to figure as much of this stuff out as possible. I was pretty much decided on waiting till Verizon releases a ROM update. But I've been with Verizon for years and I know they always seem to be at least a year behind cutting edge so I'm settled on diving in with the rest of you ppcgeek's.

It seems to me that DHarvey's ROM's are flashier with more doo-dads and OMJ ROM's are basic and clean. Is that a fair assessment?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

cobrasvt is a n00b

I first used OMJ's day b4 yesterday. Seemed to drain the battery pretty fast and I could get a GPS lock all day the next day.

Put DHARVEY'S black on last night. Love it. Love the theme and GPS working like a champ. Seems smoother to me and a tid bit more stable.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well it was pretty much a complete waste of time for me. Not sure what went wrong but at least my phone is working again... sans all the apps and configuring I had done.

Ugh. Now I'm not sure whether to try again or spend the next week getting it back like it was.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...756#post361756
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Steve St.Laurent is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
I've just added all of you to my buddy list! We Verizon users have to stick together!

Maybe this weekend I'll tackle my first flash. Maybe. I'm pretty happy with the way my XV6900 is working now but the lure of GPS is pretty tempting and I'd love to get some of the other features working... like bluetooth tethering, streaming video, and bluetooth sync. I'm not sure if flashing will unlock these features but they damn sure don't work now.
I have bluetooth tethering and syncing working on my Verizon XV6900 with the stock rom. The bluetooth syncing was simple, just turned on bluetooth discovery on the laptop and on the phone and did a search for devices. The bluetooth tethering was a little more involved. Here's a post on how I did that.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

In my tutorial there are recommended Roms by users and one I created using the ppckitchen. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30109

Old 07-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Lightbulb Re: Verizon XV 6900 - Who's Flashed?

Well today is another day. I read ppcgeeks for hours last night after my coke unlock failed. Ths is a very humbling experience but now I'm riled up so I'm going to try again.

I had hard reset my Touch last night before I started in hopes of avoiding any conflicts but the one thing I forgot about was the 2Gb SD card that I had in there. After searching the forums I found that SDHC cards can cause the exact problem I was having. Not sure why (maybe the unlocker tries to read/write the SD), but even though my card is not SDHC it is 2Gb.

I also went to my office to use and XP machine instead of my Vista laptop at home. That was my second mistake. I can never get any work done at the office. Besides that machine is connected to W2K3 server, has partitioned drives and all kinds of fancy configs that I'm sure annoyed the coke unlocker.

I'm going to try again here in a few with clean XP laptop and no SD card. Wish me luck... I'm goin' in.

And if this doesn't work, I've got a recently refurbished efficiency apartment that's vacant right now. It's two blocks from the beach in Naples Florida. Perhaps I'll offer a reward of a week or two stay at no charge to the ppcgeeker that can do @#$@# @#$@#% FOR ME!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
also i read about a issue some users where having where they would have to call verizon and reauthenticate there phones did you have to do this... makes me kinda nervous
They don't intimidate me. Make me mad yes, but not intimidate me. I figure VZW is gouging me $150 per month for a crippled phone so I don't have much loyalty to them.

On the other hand, they did try to intimidate me... or at least is seemed so... when I called in last night to authenticate. "Why did you hard reset?" "You shouldn't need a new A-key after a hard reset". "What had you done to your phone". "I see that you did *228 earlier, why did you do that?". I just basically answered, "look. it was messed up. I reset it. Now it doesn't work. Are you going to help me or do I need to look for another carrier.".

Lord I hope I don't have to call back and get the same VZW tech today.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

HAHA nobody give them answers! Like people in the ghetto do to cops! Sounds like they are catching on to us but not quite lol. Either that or they have to do work lately and they don't like that at all. I love it! I wonder how many xv6900 authenticate calls they get a day?

Last edited by negamann; 07-29-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
HAHA nobody give them answers! Like people in the ghetto do to cops! Sounds like they are catching on to us but not quite lol. Either that or they have to do work lately and they don't like that at all. I love it! I wonder how many xv6900 authenticate calls they get a day?
Sounds exactly like they're catching on to us.

Do you remember the phone cops episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati"? LMAO

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after us.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZ

bobbravo2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Sounds exactly like they're catching on to us.

Do you remember the phone cops episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati"? LMAO

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after us.

=D> Interesting though that I just replaced my phone - and hacked it again - to find that this time - after upgrading my radio - I DID NOT HAVE TO RE-AUTHENTICATE. My last 2 xv69's had to reauthenticate - so maybe they fixed it or maybe I slipped through the cracks.

Funny story about the tech's catching on:
I bricked my phone b/c the D-pad was broken - I took it to a VZ service person - it booted and the "Press screen to align" came up - and after 2 clicks it hard reset again. Her response "We'll get you a new phone come back in 20 minutes." All they do is plug in the phones to transfer contacts and then activate the phone - they're not going to look at the radio.

Last edited by bobbravo2; 07-29-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue