PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

MightyM0use is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MightyM0use Send a message via MSN to MightyM0use
Re: Hope I don't get killed for asking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
hey guys, as much as i dont condone stealing, at the same time it isnt the best thing to blame the person and accuse him of stealing it.

The person will understand himself that it isnt right to keep someone elses phone and will\should do the right thing.
The point for me isn't weather he stole it or not. the point is that even if he found it he should easily be able to find its owner based on nothing but the ESN since the carrier will have the owner's address. Then you consider that there is very likely a phone book listing all the people the owner knows...
Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

christinme7890 is a n00b

finding a phone on the ground and keeping it is still stealing because if it were on the ground then someone lost it. By not turning it in your are stealing it.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jjm0527 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyM0use View Post
what difference does it make if you "found it on the ground"? The phone still likely has a phone book in it where you could call numbers to find someone who knows the owner. I found a phone once and I simply called the last number dialed and had the phone back in the owners hand less than 20 minutes later. You could call the provider and they could contact the owner of the phone, they do have his/her address you know. Your question, quite frankly, s me and reminds me of the sad direction our world is heading where fewer and fewer people have any common courtesy or goodwill.
"Hope I don't get killed for asking", well you did and deserve it. If he would have asked, "How do I go about finding the owner?", I would consider him an upstanding citizen and believe he did "find it on the ground".
Old 05-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I found a phone on the ground once. Called the number listed as home and told the owner where it could be picked up. It was a fairly expensive one at the time. What would you want someone to do if you were in the same situation? Karma baby!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JUSTinOC is a n00b

Well I just hope he decides to return the phone to the carrier or owner. Cause if not, Karma will come kick him right in the @$$!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache Helmi 6700 and Mogul 6800, Now Touch Diamond

medinatwin is becoming a great contributor

I would return the phone!

Do the right thing! And it will come back to you ten fold!

LATE
TWIN
Old 05-22-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTinOC View Post
Well I just hope he decides to return the phone to the carrier or owner. Cause if not, Karma will come kick him right in the @$$!
yeah i agree, but who is anyone in this thread to call him right or wrong????

geez people

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
yeah i agree, but who is anyone in this thread to call him right or wrong????

geez people
thank u. I mean advice is good, but dont judge!

Old 05-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

Fuzzywuzhe is a n00b

Well ... I think he should think about what he'd want someone to do that finds his "new" phone when he looses it .. ya know ... after he changes the esn and all ... but then what do I know ... I'm still looking for the owner of a laptop I found in a park 5 months ago ... todate it's cost me about $35 for ads in papers and even a local tv channel (public service anouncement - free) ... no takers yet ... LOL ... it's truely weird ... like new out of a box ... not even past the xp startup screens .... all someone would have to do is describe it and I'll give it to them ... but no one seems to have lost it ... very frustrating ... I called the police and they said to donate it to some organization ... no takers in a month and it's going to Hospice ... ifin they want it ...

Fuzzy
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue