PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

grooves12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Power button not bringing phone out of standby.

Ok, so I've installed a couple of different Rev. A and GPS Roms on my Vogue and all was working fine, but yesterday the power button stopped functioning properly. It will not bring the phone out of standby mode.

It works 100% of the time to put it INTO standby mode, but will not turn the device back on once it is in standby mode. It will also turn the device on if I do a battery pull. So, I know it is not really a hardware problem.

So, I thought it might be an issue with one of the ROMs I loaded, but I tried a few different ones since, and it is still having the same problem. Basically the phone is pretty much useless at this point, and I have went back to my blackberry for now. Any ideas for a software fix or am I going to have to get a replacement device?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Dahji is a n00b
Re: Power button not bringing phone out of standby.

I'm on a brand new Touch, and am having the same problem, on a limited basis. It just seems like at least once a day, I'll pull my phone out and tap the power button... nothing happens. I have to do a soft reset. Huge pain in the rear. I'm considering trading it in on a new one.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

this happens sometimes on my 6700 but instead of soft reset I just slide the keyboard out then back in. still annoying though
Old 05-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nokaos is a n00b

I've had my Touch for about 2 weeks with no issues till today. Had to soft reset 3 times because I couldn't bring it out of standby with power button.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
this happens sometimes on my 6700 but instead of soft reset I just slide the keyboard out then back in. still annoying though

I used the same trick when i had that phone. too bad touch is qwerty-less if you will...
Old 05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

up2detime is a n00b

ive caught the same bug today. just happened out of the blue. i did a soft reset and it came on. had the phone over a month now. still on stock rom.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

trickyd is a n00b

I've had a similar problem with my touch. I found that i have to hold the power button for 2-3 seconds, like when turning the phone off, then the screen will come back on. Hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor

I had this issue a few times on my 6700 with a custom rom I had cooked... pulling out the SD card would bring it out of its lock, then I'd put it back in and all would be well for another few weeks. I'd try your touch without the SD card (if you can) for a while to see if its related.

Sprint Nexus S 4G
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue