PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Power button not bringing phone out of standby. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25776)

grooves12 05-05-2008 06:06 PM

Power button not bringing phone out of standby.

Ok, so I've installed a couple of different Rev. A and GPS Roms on my Vogue and all was working fine, but yesterday the power button stopped functioning properly. It will not bring the phone out of standby mode.

It works 100% of the time to put it INTO standby mode, but will not turn the device back on once it is in standby mode. It will also turn the device on if I do a battery pull. So, I know it is not really a hardware problem.

So, I thought it might be an issue with one of the ROMs I loaded, but I tried a few different ones since, and it is still having the same problem. Basically the phone is pretty much useless at this point, and I have went back to my blackberry for now. Any ideas for a software fix or am I going to have to get a replacement device?

Dahji 05-09-2008 06:42 PM

Re: Power button not bringing phone out of standby.

I'm on a brand new Touch, and am having the same problem, on a limited basis. It just seems like at least once a day, I'll pull my phone out and tap the power button... nothing happens. I have to do a soft reset. Huge pain in the rear. I'm considering trading it in on a new one.

puff 05-09-2008 07:03 PM

this happens sometimes on my 6700 but instead of soft reset I just slide the keyboard out then back in. still annoying though

nokaos 05-15-2008 09:55 PM

I've had my Touch for about 2 weeks with no issues till today. Had to soft reset 3 times because I couldn't bring it out of standby with power button.

Negrito 05-16-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPC_N00B (Post 277617)
this happens sometimes on my 6700 but instead of soft reset I just slide the keyboard out then back in. still annoying though

I used the same trick when i had that phone. too bad touch is qwerty-less if you will...

up2detime 05-16-2008 11:24 AM

ive caught the same bug today. just happened out of the blue. i did a soft reset and it came on. had the phone over a month now. still on stock rom.

trickyd 05-16-2008 02:44 PM

I've had a similar problem with my touch. I found that i have to hold the power button for 2-3 seconds, like when turning the phone off, then the screen will come back on. Hope this helps.

GuyWithNoLife 05-16-2008 03:09 PM

I had this issue a few times on my 6700 with a custom rom I had cooked... pulling out the SD card would bring it out of its lock, then I'd put it back in and all would be well for another few weeks. I'd try your touch without the SD card (if you can) for a while to see if its related.