PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Internet sharing Guru's. Question about sprint leaked ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1082 View Post
it works, deleted the isext.dll entry on the registry, went to internet sharing connect through USB, and using Sprint PCS & NOT Phone as modem, and it connected just fine.
Did you just delete the string value or the entire string entry?

In other words, is the Extension string still in there with a blank value, or did you delete the entire Extension string?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/ soon the Raphael...
Carrier: Sprint

gonzo1082 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Did you just delete the string value or the entire string entry?

In other words, is the Extension string still in there with a blank value, or did you delete the entire Extension string?

Sorry i should have clarified, i just deleted the value and left it blank. and did a soft reset of course.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i have a question. im using the official sprint rom with reva and gps. i went and checked my registry to see if i had the isext.dll or the rilphone.dll it is the rilphone.dll so am i going to be charged for the internet sharing. basically what was the original post about. also i have gotten the error 67 before and another error that says that this session was terminated by another party. i think that was because active sync kept trying to start when the internet connection kept buggin. but i switched it to sprint pcs instead of phone as a modem and i start the connection before i connect the usb cord and it works. jsut wanted to know if i need to get rid of the rilphone.dll or any modifications.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/ soon the Raphael...

gonzo1082 is just getting started

charged for it? i'm not sure... i've been doing this since i started my service and never received extra charges. As far as the error 67, i've never had that problem. what i do when i want to tether is start internet sharing select sprint pcs, not phone as modem. then press on the connect button and the phone dials and voila, it connects to the evdo network. After that i plug in the usb to my computer. if you try doing it while connected already activesync might try to take over the usb connection like you were mentioning. thats my 2 cents.

Last edited by gonzo1082; 05-12-2008 at 06:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:40 PM
clh
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch

clh is a n00b

I may be in the wrong thread but would appreciate a little help.I thought I installed the new rom properly on my sprint vogue.everything seemed to work except when the divice screen shut off.I can't turn it back on without doing a soft reset.any ideas on what I screwed up?Can someone walk me through the istall from a-z in an easy to understand way?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Threadstarter

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yes, you are in the wrong thread. i suggest you read, read, and then read some more (look to the stickys at the top of the upgrade forom). when you have a comment on this new .dll, come on back and let us know . untill the, good luck
Old 05-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Threadstarter

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well, i bit the bullet and deleted isext.dll i think it worked in regards to the errors, but i'll have to test it some more. i'll check back in here in a few days and let you all know.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor

I deleted the string (not just the value of the string), and I'm able to use both SprintPCS and Phone as Modem to connect. Phone as Modem was faster on the speed tests, although PAM gave me a completely different IP address than SprintPCS, and speedtest.net detected a different 'closest server' for each connection option, so one may not necessarily be faster than the other though.

They both work, however.

Sprint Nexus S 4G
Old 05-16-2008, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh View Post
I may be in the wrong thread but would appreciate a little help.I thought I installed the new rom properly on my sprint vogue.everything seemed to work except when the divice screen shut off.I can't turn it back on without doing a soft reset.any ideas on what I screwed up?Can someone walk me through the istall from a-z in an easy to understand way?
Check your backlight and power settings, look at your screen under a light and if in fact it's turned off or the backlight is off. You can go into your settings and slide the backlight setting up.

Hope that helps,

-CC
Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

defcon6 is just getting started

I deleted isext.dll in the registry and Internet Sharing connects fine. The only problem I have is that it disconnect automatically after a few mins. This is with both the Alltel 3.37.10 and Sprint 3.37.15 radios. Anyone else experience this?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue