PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

tripper22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible Garmin XT time change fix and other important stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I believe by switching from intermediate (actually from WM API to COM4 emulation) you've disabled Assisted GPS.

Try switching to GPSMode=4 which also uses assist but is somehow does not use resources enough to interfere with calls or data. I read it somewhere but I cannot find that info again. Search for GPSMode in registry.
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying it now.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

aspalaasn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper22 View Post
Even with the latest excellent OMJ rom and the latest version of Garmin XT I can duplicate the time reset error. Bell Vogue / Htc Touch users and hopefully others. Save yourself the headaches by doing the folowing and you should be very happy like me.

- install the latest OMJ Bell GPS Rom
- install Garmin XT 4.20.20 (later versions don't seem to work very long for me)
- in Garmin XT disable the GPS and change it to com4 instead of intermediate. Then enable.
- everything should work including incoming calls during GPS use

Now enjoy your GPS while talking, surfing, texting etc. A big thanks to OMJ!
have you had any more problems with the time/date changing? I've tried 4.20.40 and 4.20.50 but both those still have problems with the time/date changing, I haven't tried 4.20.20 as I thought that would have more bugs and may still have the same problem.

I'm not able to disable intermediate driver and select com4, everytime I try, it just goes back on to intermediate driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I believe by switching from intermediate (actually from WM API to COM4 emulation) you've disabled Assisted GPS.

Try switching to GPSMode=4 which also uses assist but is somehow does not use resources enough to interfere with calls or data. I read it somewhere but I cannot find that info again. Search for GPSMode in registry.
I don't think the GPSMode=4 does anything to fix the interference of incoming calls or data. I had that also on ghetto's rom and still had no incoming calls while gps is in use. It's something else on that rom that interferes with incoming calls which makes it pointless to use gps if no calls can come in and I lose the functionality of having a phone.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Threadstarter

tripper22 is just getting started

Everything is working fine with OMJ's rom and version 4.20.20 of Garmin XT. I found that it was difficult to change to com4 with later versions Garmin XT. Just follow all of the steps in my previous post and you will be fine. Good luck.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I'm running OMJ's v2 Sprint ROM and the Garmin .50 version and have the time/date reset issue. Not sure what the issue is. Once it gets a lock it appears to fix the time though.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Okta Touch = HTC Touch New Zealand Version
Carrier: telecom nz

kiwidoc is a n00b

I was running intermediate drivers on latest Xt (.50) and getting the same problem. It occurs with intermdiate drivers on 0.20 after rolling back BUT with 0.20 you can set it to look perfernetially for the serial com 4 and it works fine on that. If anything, seems to pick a fix faster (tho that of course may be all placebo).

So, seems to me solution is to stick with 0.20 and use the serial com4 option.

Using Almost Sprint OEM Rom, Quickstart GPS and Garmin XT
Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

gottria is a n00b

Running Ghettofreeryder V7? Vista Generic 713 to be exact. Mobile XT .50 with a strong GPS lock and just checked incoming calls and texting all is good over here. Thinking of trying OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.OEM.Sprint see how that one is.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started

Running JD's clean ROM (v21 I think) and XT .50. It changes the time to whatever it gets from the satellites and if it doesn't get a fix, resets the time to the last satellite time it stored.

So for instance, I "used" it for directions on the 3rd, tried to get a fix last night, and it reset my time and date to the last time I had a fix.

There has to be a resolution for this. A friend of mine has a Blackjack and doesn't have this problem.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

has anyone found a registry setting or otherwise so that the .50 doesn't reset the gps to the intermediate driver? I couldn't find it.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: ICE

fnuna is a n00b
Finally fixed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper22 View Post
I have a Bell Vogue and it's presently running the OMJ WM 6.1 GPS Bell Rom. Which is very sweet by the way. Thanks OMJ! I set Garmin XT's GPS settings to manual (Serial com 4). No problems after that.

I used to have the Ghettofreeryder V7 Rom installed. I could not receive phone calls or texts when the GPS was on. Be sure to test your phone and it's functions when the GPS is running. I hope this helps some people. It was really bugging me!!
I fixed mine!!!!

Just went into Start>Settings>Personal Tab>Phone>Time Zones Tab, and Un-Checked the "Auto change time zone and clock" box.

There is no problem for me because in my country (Costa Rica) we don't have time change due to change of season, it's always the same.

I don't know why MS put this option there. I think that the place it corresponds is in Time Settings or Regional Settings, but in Phone Options???

Still don't know why Garmin XT is the only one program that does this thing.

No more clock/date changes for me!!!

I hope this can solve the problem of many of you, since there isn't a reasonable solution yet.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue