View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 02:46 PM
aspalaasn
PPCGeeks Regular

aspalaasn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible Garmin XT time change fix and other important stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper22 View Post
Even with the latest excellent OMJ rom and the latest version of Garmin XT I can duplicate the time reset error. Bell Vogue / Htc Touch users and hopefully others. Save yourself the headaches by doing the folowing and you should be very happy like me.

- install the latest OMJ Bell GPS Rom
- install Garmin XT 4.20.20 (later versions don't seem to work very long for me)
- in Garmin XT disable the GPS and change it to com4 instead of intermediate. Then enable.
- everything should work including incoming calls during GPS use

Now enjoy your GPS while talking, surfing, texting etc. A big thanks to OMJ!
have you had any more problems with the time/date changing? I've tried 4.20.40 and 4.20.50 but both those still have problems with the time/date changing, I haven't tried 4.20.20 as I thought that would have more bugs and may still have the same problem.

I'm not able to disable intermediate driver and select com4, everytime I try, it just goes back on to intermediate driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I believe by switching from intermediate (actually from WM API to COM4 emulation) you've disabled Assisted GPS.

Try switching to GPSMode=4 which also uses assist but is somehow does not use resources enough to interfere with calls or data. I read it somewhere but I cannot find that info again. Search for GPSMode in registry.
I don't think the GPSMode=4 does anything to fix the interference of incoming calls or data. I had that also on ghetto's rom and still had no incoming calls while gps is in use. It's something else on that rom that interferes with incoming calls which makes it pointless to use gps if no calls can come in and I lose the functionality of having a phone.