PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice Command Confirmation Volume over BT?

anyone try no2hem nueaudio, the lil visual program he wrote to edit audiopara on 3.xx titan ROM's. i wonder if itd work with the Touch now that we use 3.xx roms
Old 05-07-2008, 09:53 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
One reason I ask is everyone swore confirmation would not be fixed until we saw the new version of VC and low and behold it's working now !!!
... and a really interesting aspect to this, is that it (Confirmation) is working with, what might be considered, older versions of Voice Command. The latest version, 19209, extracted from an updated Kaiser ROM, has not worked (with confirmation) ... not on my Touch, anyway.

This functionality suddenly working is with respect to the 3.35 (Titan) or 3.37 (Touch-Altell) radios and MS Voice Command (v.1.6.04622 for you and v.1.6.17913). Which makes me conclude that it isn't Voice Command that needs to be updated, it is the RADIO or OS Drivers that have to be updated for a proper implementation of the API or at least an implementation that works with MS Voice Command. I hope this comes across the way I intended ... it sounds so clear in my head, but sometimes I have trouble figuring out what happens between my brain and fingers.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:59 AM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
anyone try no2hem nueaudio, the lil visual program he wrote to edit audiopara on 3.xx titan ROM's. i wonder if itd work with the Touch now that we use 3.xx roms
The file has changed a bit, but I imagine that NueAudio would still work, because it appears that column 10 still is where the volume can be affected.

I haven't used it in awhile, it might make this process a little quicker.

Edit: ... grrr - for some unknown reason, I failed to select .net framework when I cooked this rom, so NueAudio will not work

Last edited by boggsie; 05-07-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started

I'll let you guys play. Let me know how it goes.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
... and a really interesting aspect to this, is that it (Confirmation) is working with, what might be considered, older versions of Voice Command. The latest version, 19209, extracted from an updated Kaiser ROM, has not worked (with confirmation) ... not on my Touch, anyway.

This functionality suddenly working is with respect to the 3.35 (Titan) or 3.37 (Touch-Altell) radios and MS Voice Command (v.1.6.04622 for you and v.1.6.17913). Which makes me conclude that it isn't Voice Command that needs to be updated, it is the RADIO or OS Drivers that have to be updated for a proper implementation of the API or at least an implementation that works with MS Voice Command. I hope this comes across the way I intended ... it sounds so clear in my head, but sometimes I have trouble figuring out what happens between my brain and fingers.
I understood. I don't think it's the Radio. The Radio with BT headset works fine. It's on the OS side that handles confirmation. Possibly the BT Profile driver.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 PM
b00nsquad

Results so far:

I began with a Sprint OEM ROM that I decomposed into a kitchen that I believe was put together by DogGuy, using tools built from a number of contributors. I mention this, so where credit is due, I have made an attempt to pass it along.

Here is what I am working with:
BL = SPL-0.40.CoKe
Radio = 2.13.00
Rom = 1.12

This Radio does not include Rev.A, nor does it support GPS functionality.
This ROM is Windows Mobile 6 Professional - CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

Built with MS VoiceCommand = 1.6.17913
The prompts are virtually inaudible. I can press the earpiece into my ear canal and then they are relatively clear.
In-Call volume is fine. Callers can hear me and I can hear them.
I can hear the prompt, but no matter what I try, I can not get Voice Command to accept my acknowledgement.

Built with MS VoiceCommand = 1.6.19209
The prompts are still very light in volume, but they seem a little bit louder than inaudible.
I can hear the prompt, but no matter what I try, I can not get Voice Command to accept my acknowledgement.
In-Call volume is fine. Callers can hear me and I can hear them.

Based on the aparent inability of 1.6.19209 to accept any form of acknowledgement, I decided to concentrate on modifying the AudioPara.csv in 1.6.17913 to increase the volume of confirmations and announcements. I used no2chem's neat little nueAudio application.

Unfortunately, the result is that while in-call volume is impacted, the volume of announcements and confirmations does not vary.

I agree with opinions of others stated in this thread; there has to be a way, either through registry or settings file (AudioPara.csv) manipulation. Unfortunately, the settings file has over 60 lines of different settings and some of those lines have nearly 90 columns of settings to (potentially) manipulate. You can narrow down the probable choices based on the names of the lines, but what we really need is some type of FAQ or guide (internal to Microsoft and their OEM's ?) on how the AudioPara file impacts the behavior of MS Voice Command.

So, my recommendation is, if you find yourself in a boat described by this post, run with MS VoiceCommand = 1.6.17913 and recognize that, while confirmation acknowledgement will probably work, you will struggle to hear the confirmation, announcement and acknowledgement prompts.

Best regards,
-boggsie

p.s. the next logical step would be to continue the analysis with the 3.x radio ... unfortunately, I will not be able to spend much time on this analysis. My hope is that there is a pending update in the pipeline from Sprint/HTC and it will address some of these issues for Sprint users, which the PPCKitchen can then be used to share with non-Sprint subscribers.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Ok, I just prooved to myself NOTHING in AudioPara.csv affects BT Audio (in Call or in Confirmation, Not Radio or PDA). Zip, Zero, Zilch.

I set EVERY single parameter to ZERO in AudioPara.csv

Earpiece was dead as expected
Handset Mic was dead as expected
Speakerphone was dead as expected

BT HeadSet Mic worked the same (VoiceCommand heard me on BT headset but not on HandSet Mic)
BT HeadSet Confirmation worked exactly the same volume
BT HeadSet in Call Volume Level was the same

We need to look elsewhere
Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
My hope is that there is a pending update in the pipeline from Sprint/HTC and it will address some of these issues for Sprint users, which the PPCKitchen can then be used to share with non-Sprint subscribers.
The Sprint OEM ROM, discussed here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26114

... and available for download here:

http://ppckitchen.org/misc/V3.02.rar

... contains Radio V.3.37.15

This radio, along with the 3.02 update to PPCKitchen helps call confirmation to work over Bluetooth with MS Voice Command 1.6.19209, which is also available in PPCKitchen.

Please, don't start downloading and installing stuff, based solely upon this post.

If you aren't already using the PPCGeeks kitchen and/or if you haven't upgraded your Touch / Vogue to a V.3.x (Rev.A + GPS) ROM, please read the associated and stickied posts in the Vogue Upgrade forum.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thermionics is a n00b

Quote:
The way that MS Voice Command has aged would tend to make me think that the version you have would now be referenced as 1.6.04622.0. There are other versions out there, primarily 1.6.17913 and 1.6.19209. I have also duplicated your experince with 1.6.17913. Voice Command responses, confirmation and announcement works, but it is barely audible.

There may, in fact, be other ways to improve the quality of the announcement and confirmation, I just haven't come across them.
I also have msvc retail which is 1.60.4622.0. I'm now back to stock vzw ROM (long story as to why I took the big step back) after enjoying the kitchen with WM 6.1 in which msvc works GREAT. The retail version I have basically doesn't work. Not only the low response volume issue mentioned here (in which the registry hacks for volume do noting), but working more like 1.5 in that it doesn't respond to the BT button reliably, etc.

You referenced some later builds. Where can they be found?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:59 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermionics View Post
I also have msvc retail which is 1.60.4622.0. I'm now back to stock vzw ROM (long story as to why I took the big step back) after enjoying the kitchen with WM 6.1 in which msvc works GREAT. The retail version I have basically doesn't work. Not only the low response volume issue mentioned here (in which the registry hacks for volume do noting), but working more like 1.5 in that it doesn't respond to the BT button reliably, etc.

You referenced some later builds. Where can they be found?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=391262 Make sure you visit the thread and read the information provided by the poster. Best regards, -boggsie
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue