PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Clone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
Of course. Sprint is a nationwide network so they'd pick up on it anywhere, no matter how far apart. I've heard its illegal but only if u get caught. Really though, if you're planning on doing it, read up on it first and find out everything about it, including the possible consequences
not only is it illegal, its a federal felony. youre looking at some serious penalties and likely jailtime if you get caught
Old 04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

htcuser is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
not only is it illegal, its a federal felony. youre looking at some serious penalties and likely jailtime if you get caught
Ya, its risky. But it would be nice to have a second emergency phone just in case. Someone over at that other site was successfull in cloning his touch to his diactivated Mogul. Damn.. now if he wants wifi all he has to do is just switch phones. How cool is that.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcuser View Post
Ya, its risky. But it would be nice to have a second emergency phone just in case. Someone over at that other site was successfull in cloning his touch to his diactivated Mogul. Damn.. now if he wants wifi all he has to do is just switch phones. How cool is that.
I don't like carrying both of my phones around. My other phone is in the boz, battery out. Wifi isn't a big deal to me because of rev-a. Wait, u mean he cloned his deactivated mogul to his touch right?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

No... i meant that his current phone is a Touch that is activated thru sprint. he had another Mogul that was deactivated and just doing nothing. SO, he cloned the Mogul to act as a second touch. So now when someone calls him on his touch, his Mogul rings too. I am jealous. Honestly i think you are all right about having both phone on thou. Why? My thoughts are that since both phones are one so that means both phones are polling the towers for incoming calls. So i would imagine Sprint would pick up on that. But I am not sure.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcuser View Post
No... i meant that his current phone is a Touch that is activated thru sprint. he had another Mogul that was deactivated and just doing nothing. SO, he cloned the Mogul to act as a second touch. So now when someone calls him on his touch, his Mogul rings too. I am jealous. Honestly i think you are all right about having both phone on thou. Why? My thoughts are that since both phones are one so that means both phones are polling the towers for incoming calls. So i would imagine Sprint would pick up on that. But I am not sure.
Thats what I said. The Touch isn't cloned, the Mogul is the clone since the Touch is the active phone on his account. And I meant I don't like to carry both of my phones around because I don't like full pockets But yea, I know for a fact that you're not supposed to have both phones on at the same time
Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
Thats what I said. The Touch isn't cloned, the Mogul is the clone since the Touch is the active phone on his account. And I meant I don't like to carry both of my phones around because I don't like full pockets But yea, I know for a fact that you're not supposed to have both phones on at the same time
Ahh I see. Yeah... i wouldn't carry both either. But I would choose every morning for whatever i need for the day. kinda nice to have options like physical kb and wifi and a better camera.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue