PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Alltel(Verizon)
Threadstarter

hgray is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS kick start for unsigned drivers

Ohh... I didn't know that you could already prime it. No, this program doesn't do that. This program is just to turn the dlls on. This is something that has to be done even before a primer. If the dlls aren't loaded up, then google maps won't even be able to 'prime' the gps.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
No, this program doesn't do that. This program is just to turn the dlls on.
Um... turn the dll's on? Isnt that exactly what the Titan GPS cab is for? To load the drivers and you still have to use something else to prime it?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

That cab puts the dlls there to begin with.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Ok don't get me wrong, I don't mean any disrespect, Im just confused for the actuall purpose of all thiss...

The Titan GPS cab installs the GPS drivers...
You then prime the GPS or loads the drivers when you need to use it...
Then start your GPS app...

Where does your app come in? What do you mean by this?
Quote:
but don't feel like manually starting the GPS service and device every time they reboot their phone
Old 04-27-2008, 07:29 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ohhh..I think I know what HGray is saying... Since HGray was the first...Thanks HGray, he didn't do the 1-2-3 unlock before installing the DLLs, so he has to manually start the dlls because of the unsigned dlls.

HGray,

I think most of us are ok on that regard due to the 1-2-3 unlock thing. I havent had to manually start dlls at all. Perhaps you could get around this by doing the 1-2-3 unlock process and installing the titan gps cab
Old 04-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Lurker

vertekal is a n00b

thanks for all the great info ..

I did all of this stuff, and when I load Google Maps and select to use GPS, it just cycles between "Seeking GPS Satellites (0)" and "GPS Active (0)".

I've used QuickGPS and it seemed to connect and download something with no errors.

Location is on, GPS is set up in Windows and GMaps is set to use the Windows GPS settings.

Anything else I'm missing?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Lurker

vertekal is a n00b

wow nevermind it's working now .. i guess i didn't give it enough time to find the satellites or something.

It now says stuff like "377 KB. GPS Active (5)" and there's a flashing blue dot on top of my house. Excellent!!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

OK I tried this out and now I get a lock within 2 seconds or so!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=agps+registry
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vip3rV333 View Post
Ok don't get me wrong, I don't mean any disrespect, Im just confused for the actuall purpose of all thiss...

The Titan GPS cab installs the GPS drivers...
You then prime the GPS or loads the drivers when you need to use it...
Then start your GPS app...

Where does your app come in? What do you mean by this?
No hard feelings... I guess I just wasn't clear enough. I've been running on little to no sleep lately... exams are coming up and teachers have been raping me with work this last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
Ohhh..I think I know what HGray is saying... Since HGray was the first...Thanks HGray, he didn't do the 1-2-3 unlock before installing the DLLs, so he has to manually start the dlls because of the unsigned dlls.

HGray,

I think most of us are ok on that regard due to the 1-2-3 unlock thing. I havent had to manually start dlls at all. Perhaps you could get around this by doing the 1-2-3 unlock process and installing the titan gps cab
Right! I didn't want to do the 1-2-3 unlock. I made this in case anyone else didn't want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertekal View Post
wow nevermind it's working now .. i guess i didn't give it enough time to find the satellites or something.

It now says stuff like "377 KB. GPS Active (5)" and there's a flashing blue dot on top of my house. Excellent!!
If you use something like GPS Test, you will see how long it takes for your GPS device to turn on and you can watch as it starts to see satellites. Just in case you are curious...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon

arik is just getting started
Unhappy Re: GPS kick start for unsigned drivers

I think I am doing something wrong, as I am not getting this to work all that nicely as I find other people who are posting have.
I have a HTC Touch, Alltel. Upgraded the firmware. Installed the GPS Driver and the kickstart.exe. GPS software can find the GPS itself, sometimes taking forever causing me to reboot the device in order to find it. Sometimes within a few seconds. I have tried Google Earth, GPS Test, and GPS Tuner, and all three act the same way. The biggest troubling point is NONE of them ever "lock on". And the Sats they do pick up seem to lose signal, just to get it again a minute or two later). At most, with GPS tuner I had 12 Sats, and could not get a lock. with in 20 or 30 seconds, I had 6 then it went to 1 then 8,.. 11,... 7,... 2,... I am outside when it does this with a clear view to the sky. Sometimes, even though it never gets a lock, Google Earth with show me my "wrong" position. About 200 or 300 meters to my south west. Google Earth will still say "trying to get GPS lock (0)" the whole time time, even when showing my bad position. If I wait a long time, it will sometimes tell me that it can't find a GPS and to retry or cancel. I have also gotten GPS Tuner to show my "wrong" position just as google earth does so I know its not a problem with the APPs.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advanced!

PS. My phone has also been running very slow since I installed the 2 two files you need to get the GPS working.

Last edited by arik; 05-01-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: More info
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue