PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel

armus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had to tell Alltel they had a new software version out

That's right, they didn't know. I called tech support for a gps issue and the first customer service rep said, I thought that would be out next week. She then transfered me to advanced tech support where the lady insisted they had no such update out. Furthermore, she said I must have loaded a program for a phone other than theres and that if I wanted support, I should call htc (and learn korean).

I didn't let her attitude put me off so I asked several times to talk to the supervisor. Nice guy. He explained they had no info on any update and I should fix my problem by loading the old os onto the phone. I knew that was basically impossible but I went along. I asked him where to obtain it and he had the last lady look up the url on htc's site. Low and behold, they couldn't find the original software. All there was was an updated version that they were just denying existed a few minutes before. That changed their attitudes quite a bit when they realized I was right.

So now the story is, because it's still Win Mobile 6, the only way to go back and get rid of these bugs is to exchange the phone. Furthermore, they will need a few days to figure out how to help people with problems on this new version. I directed them to start reading here because we seemed to know more than they did. I asked them to call me when they had some ideas on my issue.

BTW: bug's i've found so far (please post any you have found as well)
GPS is kaput. I cannot even connect my external GPS puck. When I try to set the external port com, I hit ok and go back to check it only to find it set to none. Can't use GPS at all now.

SID number resets: Tech support thinks this is something with my phone but it only started this after the update. On a hard reset, my SID number is set to 1 instead of the proper market number.

Biotouch cube: Several version changes for dlls have made existing cube config programs nonviable. Macflo and such have stopped working.

Failure to hang up (unconfirmed): had this happen a few times. When my call ended with the other party hanging up, my connection did not drop. I only discovered it several minutes later say it was still connected. Some times it would disconnect, other times I'd have to manually do it.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: I had to tell Alltel they had a new software version out

Almost makes me glad Sprint hasn't released the ROM update yet if its that buggy. It almost sounds like beta-quality still.

While I'm just as impatient as the next person, I understand that if we want quality products that we can't rush it since development takes time. With their resources, it shouldn't take this much time though.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JayJ is a n00b

I'm having the same problems with any cube programs. I haven't seen any other issues, but haven't tried gps.

Alltel reps haven't been given any info about the new software. My understanding is, it fixes a couple potential bugs, but will be rolled out with the launch of revA to focus on the upgrade rather than a fix for an issue that hasn't come up.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:39 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

What you might try (as far as Cube Skins goes) is putting the icons in the \Windows folder and using a Config tool to have the Cube look for them there. I know that some of the newer phones have a Biotouch.exe that will only look in \Windows for BRN files, no matter where you tell it to look.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

armus is becoming a great contributor

i'm not giving up on this version just yet. far to annoying to try and get a phone swap and I think this update may lead to a good thing in time
Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Yep, them country boys and girls...Ask them about their 3-watt bag phone and they'll talk your ear off for the afternoon!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible Droid
Carrier: VZW

abgamboa80 is becoming a great contributor

Alltel hasnt officially released the update yet. Htc has already posted it on there site but Alltel hasn't set a specific date to inform customers. It might still be in testing phase within alltel.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

toomany69 is a n00b

The official release date is April 28th and the reps are advised not to provide any info on the update until that date.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue