View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 04:20 PM
armus
PPCGeeks Regular

armus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had to tell Alltel they had a new software version out

That's right, they didn't know. I called tech support for a gps issue and the first customer service rep said, I thought that would be out next week. She then transfered me to advanced tech support where the lady insisted they had no such update out. Furthermore, she said I must have loaded a program for a phone other than theres and that if I wanted support, I should call htc (and learn korean).

I didn't let her attitude put me off so I asked several times to talk to the supervisor. Nice guy. He explained they had no info on any update and I should fix my problem by loading the old os onto the phone. I knew that was basically impossible but I went along. I asked him where to obtain it and he had the last lady look up the url on htc's site. Low and behold, they couldn't find the original software. All there was was an updated version that they were just denying existed a few minutes before. That changed their attitudes quite a bit when they realized I was right.

So now the story is, because it's still Win Mobile 6, the only way to go back and get rid of these bugs is to exchange the phone. Furthermore, they will need a few days to figure out how to help people with problems on this new version. I directed them to start reading here because we seemed to know more than they did. I asked them to call me when they had some ideas on my issue.

BTW: bug's i've found so far (please post any you have found as well)
GPS is kaput. I cannot even connect my external GPS puck. When I try to set the external port com, I hit ok and go back to check it only to find it set to none. Can't use GPS at all now.

SID number resets: Tech support thinks this is something with my phone but it only started this after the update. On a hard reset, my SID number is set to 1 instead of the proper market number.

Biotouch cube: Several version changes for dlls have made existing cube config programs nonviable. Macflo and such have stopped working.

Failure to hang up (unconfirmed): had this happen a few times. When my call ended with the other party hanging up, my connection did not drop. I only discovered it several minutes later say it was still connected. Some times it would disconnect, other times I'd have to manually do it.