PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 03:07 AM
Banned User

htcuser is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacement Touch has funny screen

Just got my replacement for my lost Touch. I just could not help it noticing something terrible with this replacement. After installing all my contacts back manually and putting all my programs, my eyes were hurting and I had a slight headache. This was about 2 t hours of usage is restoring. Then I realized that the screen on this Touch had funny horizontal lines. Obviously its the resolution of the screen. But the thing is .. every time i barely moved the touch or my eye away from the screen and brought them back. I would notice them and they would slowly fade away. BEST COMPARISON IS WHEN YOU HAVE A LOW HERTZ ON YOU pc MONITOR and you can almost make out the screen refresh rates. That gives a headache. Then once you bring up the screen refresh rate to about 85 and above its like night and day. Your eyes are relaxed. Well , this is whats happening with this replacement. I flashed to 6.1 thinking it would help but no go. I paid 50 dollars to Ausurion for this. Should I call them and let them know about this? Will they just laugh at me? Help.. any suggestions will help..
Old 04-24-2008, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

dumb4ever is just getting started
Re: Replacement Touch has funny screen

I suggest you call them, is that a refurbish phone or a new Touch ?

You're paying for insurance and deserve to get working product.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:17 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

I was told its NEW in stock. I did the ##778# and it shows as non refurbished. Also its color in nature is different in Hue. It has a warmer tone to it, in which I dont mind.. But the eye strain on the screen is pretty bad. Weird.. never seen something like this..........
Old 04-24-2008, 03:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

I'm assuming you didn't do any flashing/unlocking? if so, may want to try reverting back to OEM and seeing if it stays like that. I hate the insurance because i don't wanna be w/o my phone at all. lol.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 04-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
I'm assuming you didn't do any flashing/unlocking? if so, may want to try reverting back to OEM and seeing if it stays like that. I hate the insurance because i don't wanna be w/o my phone at all. lol.
Actually.. after seeing the terrible horizontal lines I flashed to 6.1 from No2chem, that did not work. So i reverted to the stock and locked again.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you should call and get a replacement for the replacement. You have 30 days from the date of claim to have it swapped out.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 04-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
you should call and get a replacement for the replacement. You have 30 days from the date of claim to have it swapped out.
Just got off the phone with Ausurion..... I must say they are very nice over there. Big change in tech support from the past. They said they will send another NEW in the box tomorrow ASAP. In which i was impressed. They said they were very sorry for the inconvenience and the new one will ship immediately. Thank you all for the input. I tolds them the best description I can give of the issue is like having a PC monitor without the proper drivers. And they tech guy said "Ohh I understand, I see the issue. It must be a bad screen."
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue