PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

DrRoger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Com Port for GPS Puck

Hi,
Just got a Verizon Touch. Nice phone. No GPS yet. So I bought Delorme's Street Atlas 2009 Plus with a BT puck. http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELi...&section=10048 I was able to pair the Touch to the BT puck. Does that mean I'm done? I believe I have to choose a "hardware" com port? Isn't it usually com 4? Would appreciate any links to threads that have explored this whole thing....I have installed Street Atlas on the PC but have not figured out how to transfer maps to the Touch yet.
Thanks!
Roger
p.s. the call sound quality was pretty good, and overall a very slim and neat phone. Ring tones are quite OK. The Pocket PC functions were good. Activesync would not work initially but I rebooted both PC and Touch, and reinstalled ActiveSynch and then it worked fine. While at work I put it in "Flight Mode" and that allowed the battery to do well. Tomorrow I might charge it up and leave it on normal and see how the battery lasts.
And oh, about the BT puck that came with Delorme: not too big, not too small. Good signal pickup and quite fast. Easy to put in pocket but there are many smaller and slimmer ones out there. But it came with car and home charger.

Last edited by DrRoger; 04-16-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:10 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Re: Com Port for GPS Puck

After you set it up, go to Settings - Connections - Bluetooth - COM Ports and set up a new outgoing port for the GPS receiver.

I have my BT GPS on COM5, then you can go to GPS Settings ans set up GPS Hardware to COM5 as well.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DrRoger is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
After you set it up, go to Settings - Connections - Bluetooth - COM Ports and set up a new outgoing port for the GPS receiver.
I have my BT GPS on COM5, then you can go to GPS Settings ans set up GPS Hardware to COM5 as well.
Thanks! I got it figured out. In fact, I had to do it all over again. I had played with Delorme Street Atlas 2009 Plus, have not succeeded in downloading maps, then I did a trial version of Odyssey Mobile, which worked fine, but somehow hogged the connection, and even after delete, the Delorme program would not see its own GPS puck so I had to delete the BT connection and reinstall. Today I think I'll try and install the Delorme program on my laptop instead of my desktop, and see if it'll work. Somehow, on ActiveSync, the map chosen does not make it to the Touch...
Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

Joeface is just getting started

I was real disappointed in the Delorme road atlas. It is way too difficult to operate, it is in no way user friendly. The maps were huge, and even loading to the SD took up way too much space, and was unstable. Wasted 50 bucks for nothing. Or at least it cost me 50 buck to be able to post this.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue