Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 PM
DrRoger
N00b

DrRoger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Com Port for GPS Puck

Hi,
Just got a Verizon Touch. Nice phone. No GPS yet. So I bought Delorme's Street Atlas 2009 Plus with a BT puck. http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELi...&section=10048 I was able to pair the Touch to the BT puck. Does that mean I'm done? I believe I have to choose a "hardware" com port? Isn't it usually com 4? Would appreciate any links to threads that have explored this whole thing....I have installed Street Atlas on the PC but have not figured out how to transfer maps to the Touch yet.
Thanks!
Roger
p.s. the call sound quality was pretty good, and overall a very slim and neat phone. Ring tones are quite OK. The Pocket PC functions were good. Activesync would not work initially but I rebooted both PC and Touch, and reinstalled ActiveSynch and then it worked fine. While at work I put it in "Flight Mode" and that allowed the battery to do well. Tomorrow I might charge it up and leave it on normal and see how the battery lasts.
And oh, about the BT puck that came with Delorme: not too big, not too small. Good signal pickup and quite fast. Easy to put in pocket but there are many smaller and slimmer ones out there. But it came with car and home charger.

Last edited by DrRoger; 04-16-2008 at 10:41 PM.