PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Tv.. Is It Worth It??

I Was Looking At All The Channels That U Can Get With Sprint Tv For An Extra 7.95 A Month, I Have Mobi Tv And It Works Great. My Question Is, Is It Really Worth It? Hows The Speed? Any Problems I Should Know About? I Just Wanted To Get A View From The Perspective Of Touch Owners
Old 04-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Sprint Tv.. Is It Worth It??

I would say no, its not worth it. If you have a decent broadband connection at home, have a good selection of channels, and have a cable/dish box you can use, I would HIGHLY recommend buying a Slingbox. The video feed is usually much better than SprintTV, plus you can get all of the channels you get at home on your phone.

The upfront cost is a little higher, but it'll pay for itself after a few months. As long as you have a decent upload speed, you won't be disappointed with it.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I would say no, its not worth it. If you have a decent broadband connection at home, have a good selection of channels, and have a cable/dish box you can use, I would HIGHLY recommend buying a Slingbox. The video feed is usually much better than SprintTV, plus you can get all of the channels you get at home on your phone.

The upfront cost is a little higher, but it'll pay for itself after a few months. As long as you have a decent upload speed, you won't be disappointed with it.
+1 for slingbox. Get yourself a slingbox - you wont' be disappointed.

-mark
Old 04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i wish i had cable, Dish, i would love to use slingbox. if you change channels on your phone, does it change the channels at the house if someones watching it? or does it let them watch what they want too?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

scharfy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
i wish i had cable, Dish, i would love to use slingbox. if you change channels on your phone, does it change the channels at the house if someones watching it? or does it let them watch what they want too?

The Slingbox controls the television. So if someone else changes the channel (overriding the Slingbox's IR remote), then what you see on your mobile will change also.

I have mine hooked up to the bedroom's cablebox, freeing up the TV in the family room for others. It's a pretty awesome gadget.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
When will then be now?

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharfy View Post
The Slingbox controls the television. So if someone else changes the channel (overriding the Slingbox's IR remote), then what you see on your mobile will change also.

I have mine hooked up to the bedroom's cablebox, freeing up the TV in the family room for others. It's a pretty awesome gadget.
so could i just hook it up to the slingbox and no TV at all? that way i wouldnt have to worry about it changing the channel for anyone else :-p that would be pretty sweet
Old 04-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

Quote:
so could i just hook it up to the slingbox and no TV at all? that way i wouldnt have to worry about it changing the channel for anyone else :-p that would be pretty sweet
I doubt it because it has to be connected to either a cable box or TV. Some sort of tuner has to be available.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:20 PM
When will then be now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
I doubt it because it has to be connected to either a cable box or TV. Some sort of tuner has to be available.
what if i had a tv tunner in my pc?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

Quote:
what if i had a tv tunner in my pc?
Then orb.com would be a better solution.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

PlainShane is a n00b

If you already have MobiTV, then it is the same thing - the Sprint Premier channels that is. It is definitely worth it if you watch it. I think all of the non-premier channels are a waste of time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue