PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

blisk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All those with voice command ROMs, need to confirm bug

Anyone who has voice command on a ROM please confirm this bug.

1. Make a phone call (voice mail works).
2. During phone call activate voice command (default I believe is hold down the sprint button found on the bottom right of the phone, mine is mapped so just pressing (no holding) will activate).
3. Audio stops on both ear piece and speaker phone during call and all subsequent calls.

To fix:
1. Press voice command button while not in a phone call.
2. Verify this fixed it by making a phone call (voice mail again is best).

When replying to verify please also include the ROM you're using and build of that ROM. If anyone happens to have voice command on a stock ROM that'd be really helpful.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: All those with voice command ROMs, need to confirm bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisk View Post
Anyone who has voice command on a ROM please confirm this bug.

1. Make a phone call (voice mail works).
2. During phone call activate voice command (default I believe is hold down the sprint button found on the bottom right of the phone, mine is mapped so just pressing (no holding) will activate).
3. Audio stops on both ear piece and speaker phone during call and all subsequent calls.

To fix:
1. Press voice command button while not in a phone call.
2. Verify this fixed it by making a phone call (voice mail again is best).

When replying to verify please also include the ROM you're using and build of that ROM. If anyone happens to have voice command on a stock ROM that'd be really helpful.
I can confirm this bug, of course, as you are using my rom. Ill dump in an older version if i need to
Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
I can confirm this bug, of course, as you are using my rom. Ill dump in an older version if i need to
Yea the point was that I want to know if its a voice command bug thats more wide spread.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

sollyd is a n00b

My VC issue is that I can't get it to "hear" my confirmation. It activates, hears my "dial" or "call..." command, asks to confirm, beeps then exits. The only way to make it work is to uncheck the confirm options. Any ideas?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollyd View Post
My VC issue is that I can't get it to "hear" my confirmation. It activates, hears my "dial" or "call..." command, asks to confirm, beeps then exits. The only way to make it work is to uncheck the confirm options. Any ideas?
This is an issue I am suffering with, too.

1) The actual Voice Command prompts are so quiet, if I didn't know what was being said, I wouldn't be able to figure it out. This isn't particularly helpful when relying on Voice Command to announce incoming calls.

2) The confirmation prompt (which suffers from issue #1) does not recognize any, and I mean any reply from me. I can get around this issue by turning off the confirmation options. Turning off confirmations, when the prompts are so quiet that you can't hear them, can make for some embarassing moments.

Personally, I have tried no less than eight ( AudioPara.csv files and none of them have any impact on the prompt volume.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

i am using wm6.1 from JD based off the stock sprint rom 19202.1.0.0 and mine works fine and understands confirmations and all

Lol hold on audio shuts off when in phone call, and wont come back until pressing button again. Not that big of a deal for me everything else works fine tho

Last edited by hotbyz168; 04-11-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I assume you are referring to Voice Speed Dial, as it's the default app for holding the camera button down.......

Tested, using my latest ROM v7, when I activate Voice SD, the audio is fine & I get a popup msg that says.....

"The phone is busy, we can't record"
Old 04-12-2008, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I assume you are referring to Voice Speed Dial, as it's the default app for holding the camera button down.......

Tested, using my latest ROM v7, when I activate Voice SD, the audio is fine & I get a popup msg that says.....

"The phone is busy, we can't record"
I don't think thats the same one. The one i'm refering to is Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 which doesn't require you to record something for each contact. It works similiar to how a blackberry's voice dial works.

I had another weird issue today with it in that it would refuse to understand what i was saying and didn't give the any noise prompts for whatever reason. Soft resetting fixed it.

I haven't had any issues with other than this though. The really amazingly annoying part is accidentally holding that button on the side for camera/voice command and having voice command come up and prevent me from hearing anything out of the ear piece until I hang up press the voice command button again, and the call the person back.

Last edited by blisk; 04-12-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

Yea I set up MSVC to activate when i press the camera button. Changed it from voice speed dial.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue