PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none

gonwk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: HTC Touch Tethering over Bluetooth (Sprint)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
why not just use ics for BT tethering? sprint doesnt charge you for tethering on an unlimited data plan unless you abuse it.
Hi Success,

Could you put your comment in a Dummy-Proof way fro me please. What do you mean by "ics"!?!? Can you spell it oput or direct me somewhere so it gives me a Step-by-step guide!?!?

Thanks,

G!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Touch Tethering over Bluetooth (Sprint)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
Hi Success,

Could you put your comment in a Dummy-Proof way fro me please. What do you mean by "ics"!?!? Can you spell it oput or direct me somewhere so it gives me a Step-by-step guide!?!?

Thanks,

G!
ICS is a program included in Sprint WinMo devices called Internet Connection Sharing. Are you trying to tether to a Mac or a PC?

Old 12-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker

gonwk is a n00b

Hi Negrito,

Friend has a HTC Touch (the original model) for sale and I have a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1 and I added a Bluetooth to my laptop a Dell/WidComm 370 BT.

Thanks,

G!

Last edited by gonwk; 12-21-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hi Negrito,

Friend has a HTC Touch (the original model) for sale and I have a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1 and I added a Bluetooth to my laptop a Dell/WidComm 370 BT.

Thanks,

G!

No problem, but since you are on windows i would suggest using the USB mode whenever you can. it's much faster as you can tell from my sig. I am forced to use BT as i am a proud Mac owner, so BT is my only option. If you need any help setting it up, please feel free to report back. If i cant be of help im sure someone on the forums can be.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Lurker

gonwk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
No problem, but since you are on windows i would suggest using the USB mode whenever you can. it's much faster as you can tell from my sig. I am forced to use BT as i am a proud Mac owner, so BT is my only option. If you need any help setting it up, please feel free to report back. If i cant be of help im sure someone on the forums can be.
Hi Negrito,

Do you have a "Favorite" guide or instruction that I should follow. I have printed out the "TalynOne" guide and "SledgeHammer" guide.

Which is BETTER!?!? Or is there another one!

Thanks,

G!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Hi Negrito,

Do you have a "Favorite" guide or instruction that I should follow. I have printed out the "TalynOne" guide and "SledgeHammer" guide.

Which is BETTER!?!? Or is there another one!

Thanks,

G!

Sorry i never read either one. I just did it, but im pretty tech savvy. Just try and do it, then if you have any problems or questions come back and ask. None of this will hurt your phone in any way so just try and see what happens.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

geekocd is a n00b

I didn't have any problems setting up BT PAN-based tethering w/ my HTC Touch (stock WM 6.1). I'm using XP, if that makes a difference... Are people having problems with this, or are y'all trying to do something different and I'm misunderstanding?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I have everything set up but I keep getting Error code 67. I do not have a user name or password on my phone so I am not sure why it will not work. I installed the BT cab file listed in this forum and I see the BT PAN and Dial up but when I try to connect with either one it fails. I have latest rom from Sprint.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic (Galaxy S)

MakeMoves is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
why not just use ics for BT tethering? sprint doesnt charge you for tethering on an unlimited data plan unless you abuse it.
doesnt work for me, go to comm manager, internet sharing,

usb works fine

bluetooth pan says "device setup finished, connect bluetooth pan"

on my pc i have found the device but do not have bluetooth pan as a service, only have file push, vcard, and after downloading the cab in this thread - dial up networking.

dial up networking sets up and installs but i never get connection.

i have xp home and the latest htc touch rom from the htc website (updated about 2 month ago). also i am using sprint. anyone know what im doing wrong?

Please help, i hate using cables and my touch usb port is ****ed up so i have to hold it a certain way to make it work.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue

overtheair is just getting started

Thanks for your posts Steve. Using an HTC Touch and Win XP, I was striking out with BT DUN. But after installing your cab file from post #12 and following your comments in post #17, I just about had it working. The only extra step needed was to go to Control Panel > Network Connections on the PC, right click on Bluetooth Network Connection under Personal Area Network, and click Connect. It's working fine now with ICS.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue