PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility Canada

derringdo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcolga View Post
Yea you just replace your system.img file... the keyboard activates as soon as you click in a text field. Although, I was hoping someone could shed some light on calibrating the screen.
Open up the landscape keyboard with the camera button, and then while holding down the end call key, tap the corners of the screen. Took me a few times to get it suitably calibrated but now it's much better

Btw there's a new release on dzo's site dated Jan 19, 2009.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derringdo View Post
Open up the landscape keyboard with the camera button, and then while holding down the end call key, tap the corners of the screen. Took me a few times to get it suitably calibrated but now it's much better

Btw there's a new release on dzo's site dated Jan 19, 2009.
have you tried it yet? What's new? Sorry I am at work or else I would check myself.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Lurker

derringdo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
have you tried it yet? What's new? Sorry I am at work or else I would check myself.
I'm running it on my Vogue right now. As far as I know, it integrates the "cupcake" kernel. Most stuff has been scaled better to fit QVGA, there's a potrait keyboard (I don't know if this was covered in a previous release actually, I went from an early December build to this one). The original release of this update was on Jan 16th but I think another update was put out on the 19th to fix a stuttering audio bug.

There is an even newer release, just released today that supposedly works somewhat on GSM devices using the Qualcomm MSM7200 chipset. Should still work on our CDMA vogues though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derringdo View Post
I'm running it on my Vogue right now. As far as I know, it integrates the "cupcake" kernel. Most stuff has been scaled better to fit QVGA, there's a potrait keyboard (I don't know if this was covered in a previous release actually, I went from an early December build to this one). The original release of this update was on Jan 16th but I think another update was put out on the 19th to fix a stuttering audio bug.

There is an even newer release, just released today that supposedly works somewhat on GSM devices using the Qualcomm MSM7200 chipset. Should still work on our CDMA vogues though.

Cool, thanks for the info! I remember some users were not able to connect to the net in a previous release. Were you able to get online?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

STNC is a n00b

Does anyone knows how this rom will work in terms of bluetooth transfer? Such as between a car headunit?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon

PoiBoi is a n00b

i've been messing with the android for a couple days now, still can't get the data working like everyone else. my best lead is one of the lines in the default.txt file (startup.txt if you used the cab install) set cmdline "ppp.username=************ ppp.password=********** on the author guys site it says that the username and pass work in NZ with whatever carrier he's using, so i've tryed substituting 9284274992@vzw3g.com and a couple different passwords with no luck. maybe someone else out there knows something i don't and can use this to figgure out the data thing...

GOOD LUCK FELLOW GEEKS
Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon

PoiBoi is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

DATA WORKING!!!! in the default.txt change the user name i mentioned in my last post to (your ten digit phone number)@vzw3g.com and delete the password boot to android and call *228 hit option 1 and let it program. worked for me. i wrote this in android sorry about any typos i missed
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Lurker

derringdo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Cool, thanks for the info! I remember some users were not able to connect to the net in a previous release. Were you able to get online?
Yup, Togga works fine for me, even without changing anything in the default.txt. I'm with Bell in Canada though, it sounds like success varies from provider to provider
Old 01-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

rockrerun is just getting started

After some research, I finally got data working on mine. I am using Sprint w/ the latest release (1/21). I had to edit the default.txt as mentioned earlier to use my sprint username. If you're not sure what your username is, you can use ##3282# to view it.
I left the password blank, saved, and booted it up. Works great!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

Where exactly do I find this 'default.txt' file, I've looked in Android, and looked in AndroidApps, and cannot find it, for the life of me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue