PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHTC View Post
Is there anyways to boot into Android without having WinMo running in the background? Like starting it instead of WinMo loading on power-up?
the answer to your question is found on the first post of this thread. . and I'm nowhere near an expert on this, but if I'm not mistaken, haret is an executable file, therefore, you have to boot up windows to start it, and from what I've read on the matter, once Android starts running, windows terminates, now like i said, I'm a newb to this, so don't start tar and feathering me, but if I had to assume something on the topic, that would be my assumption. . .link to file below, info on first post.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1226623403

Last edited by Harveystyles; 12-29-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Telus)

cbstryker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveystyles View Post
the answer to your question is found on the first post of this thread. . and I'm nowhere near an expert on this, but if I'm not mistaken, haret is an executable file, therefore, you have to boot up windows to start it, and from what I've read on the matter, once Android starts running, windows terminates, now like i said, I'm a newb to this, so don't start tar and feathering me, but if I had to assume something on the topic, that would be my assumption. . .link to file below, info on first post.
You are right, you launch Android from within WinMo and WinMo is NOT affected in any way. It is simply dumped from memory. Next time the phone is rebooted WinMo will boot up and not Android.

On that matter, does anyone know if there have been any new releases? I've been checking the main page for the Android for the HTC Touch page every day for the last few weeks hoping there would be a new one.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbstryker View Post
You are right, you launch Android from within WinMo and WinMo is NOT affected in any way. It is simply dumped from memory. Next time the phone is rebooted WinMo will boot up and not Android.

On that matter, does anyone know if there have been any new releases? I've been checking the main page for the Android for the HTC Touch page every day for the last few weeks hoping there would be a new one.
foobar released a new implementation merging the cupcake branch. tons of things are improved and we now have a soft kb. It does present some disadvantages, give it a try though!

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 12-31-2008, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Telus)

cbstryker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
foobar released a new implementation merging the cupcake branch. tons of things are improved and we now have a soft kb. It does present some disadvantages, give it a try though!
Ok where can I find this version by foobar?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
+1 for this
Old 01-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
+1 for this
Ask and you shall recieve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00bar View Post
http://www.2shared.com/file/4517213/...1b/system.html

Here is a system.img consisting of the new android Devphone base image, with SetupWizard.apk replaced with SdkSetup.apk (setupwizard doesn't work...), and martin's RIL.

There are some kinks -- some stuff crashes and there is no 3G/data icon in the top status bar. I haven't used the git base in awhile, it looks like they merged in a bunch of new stuff, including a (portrait) software keyboard. It's building now, if I can get it to work I'll post a new image.

Note -- this has youtube, marketplace, im, etc, but I am not sure they will all work without some more work.
Link to original post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2518

Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

agentmikeyd is a n00b

I have installed the cab and the script for the loader.
where do I get applications?
can it use the apps for the G1?
how do I get a "Today" skin
thanks !!!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700/Apache

pio_masaki is keeping up the good workpio_masaki is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to pio_masaki Send a message via MSN to pio_masaki

In theory yes it can use apps, though I'm still exploring that aspect of it, I think normally you would download them on the device itself, then you can install it through android. For us, though, I doubt that works. I found some just by googling android apps. I think if you create an AndroidApps folder on your SD card, stick your program there, it will see it and use it. Like I said I'm still catching up, I don't have a touch so I'm merging the touch and the apache files/kernals/drivers etc until I get a better working apache, we've been left so far behind the touch.
PPC 6700 (2.02 WM5>WM6.5) Sprint

Guide:Activate WM6.1/WM6.5 flashed phone without ##MSL# code
Guide:Android on the Apache
I know where the thanks button is, do you?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

Yes, from my understanding, all you have to do is create an AndroidApps (case sensitive) folder in the root of your sd card (if you previously had Android from Mhtcphone.com installed, you should already have one) and cut/copy paste the files there, just make sure your saving them as .apk files. When Android boots up, it will automatically install/use said programs.

And there is a list of Android applications that are supposed to be able to work on the Touch...
http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/app/
...though I personally have yet to try and upload/install any of them.

Again, all this info is on the first post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

kylo77 is just getting started

I cannot get to the Internet from Android. I have flashed radio 3.42.50 from 3.42.30. Usually I launch Internet explorer prior to starting the haret and it works fine. I've also toggeled Toga but no success.

I'm using Martin's posting from Dec 5th and even tried loading foobars latest system.img.

thanks for any help!

Quick Edit - cannot make calls either....

Last edited by kylo77; 01-06-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue