PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

lol this is interesting, i dont know how to use the browser though. and the up and down volume either closed the app i was using or opens up something about the wallpaper. anyone get this thing to actually do anything?
Old 04-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

wow! looks like he got the radio working now! so far it is only for data and not voice (though i wonder about text messaging and the like...? hmm i will ask).

anyway this is some great progress! this is really looking like it might turn into something great in a lot shorter time frame than i/we had initially thought!...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...16#post2127716

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 04-18-2008, 03:21 AM
When will then be now?

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
wow! looks like he got the radio working now! so far it is only for data and not voice (though i wonder about text messaging and the like...? hmm i will ask).

anyway this is some great progress! this is really looking like it might turn into something great in a lot shorter time frame than i/we had initially thought!...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...16#post2127716

thats awesome! still not gonna download till i can figure out how to type with it lol
Old 04-18-2008, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dzo said he was considering tackling an on screen keyboard as his next project.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/ soon the Raphael...

gonzo1082 is just getting started

any chance anyone could bundle all the files into a cab for easy installation?
Old 04-18-2008, 10:58 PM
When will then be now?

it doesnt really install. ya just put the files in a folder and run it lol.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nzaw4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
it doesnt really install. ya just put the files in a folder and run it lol.
Thats what i tried doing. By chance did you get it up and running with your touch? if so, would you be able to post your default.txt file and maybe supply your files u had running Android?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzaw4 View Post
Thats what i tried doing. By chance did you get it up and running with your touch? if so, would you be able to post your default.txt file and maybe supply your files u had running Android?
You don't need to make ANY changes to your default.txt at all. I tried all kinds of different configurations for ppp.username and password, but the only way it worked is if I don't do anything to it. Further more, you can get everything you need at http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/
I guess you can use your Vision Username and Password also, but I haven't tested it yet.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nzaw4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
You don't need to make ANY changes to your default.txt at all. I tried all kinds of different configurations for ppp.username and password, but the only way it worked is if I don't do anything to it. Further more, you can get everything you need at http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/
I guess you can use your Vision Username and Password also, but I haven't tested it yet.

yes acutally did it with modified default.txt and the non modified one still no go. I put all the files onto my SD card. I selected haret.exe and it goes to the window to select it to run. It runs and bunch of text rushes across the screen i then see the linux logo, with this text below it. It stays on this screen with this text and does not load up.

I also put the default.txt as from the web also no go.

ok, ill type out the whole error.

init: mtd partition 0 , "msm_hand"

initialize modem,
username=mobile@jamamobile password=telecom
smem_find(14, 16424): wrong size 16424, expected 0
smd_open () channel 0 does not exist
/etc/setupmodem.sh: cannot create /dev/smd0: error 19
smd_open() channel 0 does not exist
/etc/setupmodem.sh : cnnot create /dev/smd0: error 19
pppd: unrecongnized option '/dev/smd1'
pppd version 2.4.3

After that display it shows like its listing commands for pppd ( which i dont care to much to type out already )
usage : ppd [options 1, where options are :
<device> etc.....
Old 04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzaw4 View Post
yes acutally did it with modified default.txt and the non modified one still no go. I put all the files onto my SD card. I selected haret.exe and it goes to the window to select it to run. It runs and bunch of text rushes across the screen i then see the linux logo, with this text below it. It stays on this screen with this text and does not load up.

I also put the default.txt as from the web also no go.

ok, ill type out the whole error.

init: mtd partition 0 , "msm_hand"

initialize modem,
username=mobile@jamamobile password=telecom
smd_open () channel 0 does not exist
/etc/setupmodem.sh: cannot create /dev/smd0: error 19
smd_open() channel 0 does not exist
/etc/setupmodem.sh : cnnot create /dev/smd0: error 19
pppd: unrecongnized option '/dev/smd1'
pppd version 2.4.3

After that display it shows like its listing commands for pppd ( which i dont care to much to type out already )
usage : ppd [options 1, where options are :
<device> etc.....
i dont think it has an sdio driver support yet does it? try using the default files without any changes, and putting them all just in the root of your device (\My Device) and see what happens...ran fine on mine. but i tried it back before the data and touchscreen worked and havent tried since.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue