PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid incredible
Carrier: verizon

th3drow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

very much amazing software, everything runs SO smooth, and the 3d rendering is definitely cool

This is atm looking like it has a GREAT future
Old 07-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

I'm really hoping for some updates tomorrow... this is driving me nuts... this whole possibility of getting an alternative to windows that actually works, without actually getting rid of windows, is too exciting...

Also, just for s&g, i tried to run it on my ipaq rx3115, and to my surprize haret actually ran to a certain extent before crashing.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

an update tomorrow would be fantastic... i wish it were possible to incorporate these page transitions to wm6.1... why is that sooo hard to do??? all wm would really need is smooth transitions!

if android on a vogue can do it, why can't wm6.1 on a vogue do it???
Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
Hey this OS rocks. Except its not linux lol. Well not "native". It is mainly done with java which is isnt as technical, But does have it's own unique advantages. I have a linux programmer and c++ coder That took a look and is saddened by this. He calls Java "kiddie" code. He was gonna make us apps too You see, coders prefer a challenge, not simplicity. When they get BT and WIFI API's he probably will be. But once it's stable and has everything I would love in a phone, It's gonna be my #1!
Thats only the gui part, linux really only is an command line os, xorg/xfree is the gui on the desktop

Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

eTiger13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eTiger13 Send a message via Yahoo to eTiger13

Quote:
Originally Posted by signosis View Post
hey everyone....im new to the WM world. I'm a total newb and would appreciate it very much if someone can list or explain what is needed to "try" and get android up and running.

I have an Sprint HTC Mogul.

What files do I need to install and what files do I need to modify (if needed)?

Thanks ahead.
If you're a total newb like you say you are, which I dont think you are since you are on this site, it would probably be easier to download my installer then trying to figure out multiplie files to download and them where to place them. My installer makes it really easy for people like you and people like everyone in general. You can download it from http://www.myhtcphone.com/installer

Have a nice day!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
an update tomorrow would be fantastic... i wish it were possible to incorporate these page transitions to wm6.1... why is that sooo hard to do??? all wm would really need is smooth transitions!

if android on a vogue can do it, why can't wm6.1 on a vogue do it???
I run android on my vogue with 6.1...

I may have an older build, because I can even run it off my storage card no problem... I'm not ALL that impressed... it's kinda cool, but not functional to use for any length of time. I just installed it to play around...
Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I run android on my vogue with 6.1...

I may have an older build, because I can even run it off my storage card no problem... I'm not ALL that impressed... it's kinda cool, but not functional to use for any length of time. I just installed it to play around...

My thoughts exactly... however the browser has won me over. I find myself using it for extended periods of time, and it is pretty stable.

Using SMS or making phone calls will eventually get you into trouble with lockups and freezes.

When this is more stable, and more functional, and they figure out a way to make some data persistent, it will be really good I think.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cyburke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiger13 View Post
If you're a total newb like you say you are, which I dont think you are since you are on this site, it would probably be easier to download my installer then trying to figure out multiplie files to download and them where to place them. My installer makes it really easy for people like you and people like everyone in general. You can download it from http://www.myhtcphone.com/installer

Have a nice day!
i have yet to venture into android simply because the business of gathering the latest and proper files seemed overwhelming.

that, or i'm just lazy.

thanks for your cab to help me out - it works great!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

There was an update posted on xda-dev... now you can run it from your storage card, and at least some data is now persistent, such as any contacts or favorites you add.

cons however:

it seems much slower, the page transistions are not as smooth and quick, and the loading of each app you run takes much longer. I guess this is to be expected, as sd card is much slower than running it from a ram disc.

Also, SDHC, so far as people who tried it are able to tell, is not supported.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...382265&page=54
Old 07-15-2008, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTV Vogue (NFSFAN 6.5 V12)
Carrier: Bell

doan_1 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to doan_1

I have been running this off of my SD card since I first tried it back in june. And I have had it crash maybe twice. Not that I use it everyday mind you, usually just showing friends and such about what is coming out and that kinda thing. But so far I really like what i see.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue